Begginer Newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink_antacids

Beta member
I'm 17, and have just left high school. I've been accepted for a Commercial Music course at a University.

Apart from music and art, I enjoy using computers. However, I know NOTHING (and I mean nothing) about the 'backstage' elements, eg programming languages and so on.

I am obsessed with technology, old and new, in particular the old 8-tracks which were popular mainly in America. I also love the old BBC/Acorn computers, and would love to learn more abou them.

I would love to learn more about computers, so that a)I can be more experienced and possibly take my hobby further and b)can out-shine my dad, who has taken a computer course and keeps managing to block me from accessing MSN messenger, just to annoy me...:p

I would love to learn more, but where should I start? Any websites/books/other sources would be very helpful. Thank you in advance! ^_^

thank you :)

Thank you everyone! Very friendly around here ^_^ Hopefully I'll get better at this programming stuff. I started to read Visual Basic (my dad has V6.0 installed) and I made my first programme. Unfortnately all it did was print 'This is my first windows programe' every time I pressed a button. Hmmm, still got a loooong way to go, then. Doh. :mad:

Trotter said:
Download Trillian. It has MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, ICQ, and IRC, all in one interface

I would love to, but my dad has done something frightfully clever (omg where did that phrase come from) with the computer. I can't do much, really, I think it has something to do with the access privelages. It won't start up MSN or any programmes really, the pop up blocker won't shut down, it keeps coming back up so it blocks the online versions of MSN, plus he's set a password on the administrator account so if i try to start it up in Safe Mode, that won't work either.

Only thing i thought of was a programme to reset passwords, but i can't download anything! damn it!

thank you anyway, i'll keep trying lol ^_^

Have you tried a Knoppix disk? You boot Knoppix Linux from it, and then roam to find out what has been set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom