FX 5500 or 9600SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know the FX,but my 9600 (no SE,AGP)runs about all games i came across,like battlefield 2,Farcry for example,or Guild Wars maxed out with no fps problem at all..Sometimes get a fps drop in huge areas with vegetations or lot of buildings in some games but theres always a way to play with game settings.My friend got the SE and its faster than mine,so i think its a good choice,though more RAM would help to caliber the whole thing

he says hes not a big gamer and might run at medium settings ...
I run HL2 maxed and Doom3 mid hi and low still look decent...9600 is a good choice if you're not that big of a gamer(and if you want *only* one of these 2 cards of course)

beedubaya said:
The SE is less powerful. Get the 9600 Pro or XT if you are looking into that line of cards. The SE is a crippled version of the 9600 Pro. Definately don't go with an SE card if you are going higher end.
My bad you're right. Found this on Tom's Hardware Guide. No 5500 to compare it to, but there is a 5600. Check out how crappy the 9600se is in comparison. Go with that 5500 instead.
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-05.html

Also, to the guy posting about the 6600GT, hes running it on pci........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom