FX 5500 or 9600SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
Both PCI cards, need one of those badly. Not boing to game much, just Need For Speed, and GTA San Andreas.

lol, GTA San Andreas, you would need a 9800XT/6600GT for one of those unelss you wanna run it at 800x600... i would get the 9600SE, i had one, and it was OK...

i heard the FX series suck... bad...

Come on people, I need info. I'm already biddin gon the FX 5500, and it ain't a lemon.

GeForce FX 5500:
Core-270mhz
Memory-400mhz
I can't for the life of me find any stats on the 9600se pci. I think that both card perform about the same, however, so you shouldn't be disappointed either way.

go for the radeon, it has better shaders. in HL2 you could run it in DX9 or get the FX and run it DX8.1. i've seen a 9600SE in action, and all i know is that it can play city of hero's maxed no problem

My dad has a 9600, non se and it beast my 5600 ultra. SE is more powerful in terms of Radeon cards, isn't it? I guess that means that the 9600se is the better card.

jorsoft03 said:
My dad has a 9600, non se and it beast my 5600 ultra. SE is more powerful in terms of Radeon cards, isn't it? I guess that means that the 9600se is the better card.

The SE is less powerful. Get the 9600 Pro or XT if you are looking into that line of cards. The SE is a crippled version of the 9600 Pro. Definately don't go with an SE card if you are going higher end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom