Building New Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Alright, this will be the first pc that I build and I need all the help I can get. This will be a pure gaming rig. I have no real price limit (but I don't want to spend more than I have to). I just want to play any game out there at high settings with no lag.

I don't know much about computers but I will learn what it takes to build this rig myself to save some $$.

So any suggestions on component configuations then? To give you a ballpark figure on what I'd like to spend, $2,000. Or do I need to spend more to get blazing speed?

CPU:3200 venice
MOBO: DFI NF4 Ultra
HDD: 200gig Seagate SATA 8mb cach
VGA: saphire X800XL 256mb
mem: 1gig twinmos
case: your choice

that system will be able to oc and play all games at good settings

Sh0r_ty said:
CPU:3200 venice
MOBO: DFI NF4 Ultra
HDD: 200gig Seagate SATA 8mb cach
VGA: saphire X800XL 256mb
mem: 1gig twinmos
case: your choice

that system will be able to oc and play all games at good settings
What would that system cost?

So can anyone give me a set up that I could build for $2,000.00-$2,500.00. I honestly don't know where to start.

MOBO
Dfi-NF Ultra Lan Party-135

Processor-580
Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Ram-84
Twin Mos(512x2)

Power Supply-115
OCZ Modstream 520W

Cd burner- 90
2x NEC DVD R/W

Graphics Card-350
EVGA PCI-E 6800GT

Hard Drive1-130
Western Digital Raptor 36 GB

Hard Drive2-130
Western Digital SATA 150 300 GB

LCD-340
HYUNDAI L90D+ Silver 19" 8ms LCD Monitor

Sound Card-50
Turtle Beach 5.1 Channel Sound Card

Keyboard/Mouse-120
Microsoft Blutooth Keyboard/mouse combo

Speakers-180
Creative Inspire 5.1 wireless speakers

Operating System-90
Microsoft Windows Home Edition

Case-100
A Case that looks good

No room left for shipping. If you want to keep it under 2500, you can budget out the sound.

wow, I didn't know you could get such a top-of-the-line desktop for $2,500. the price is not set in stone by any means (I still have to save up most of the money for it).

One thing though, wont an LCD monitor be more expensive than a CRT? And a CRT is marginally better for gaming right? so why not go with a CRT since space isn't really a concern for me?

what currency are you talking in cos thats US. btw duel core is useless for gaming. also the X800Xl is at least as fast as the 6800GT and its cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom