DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll have to set up some wacky configurations like 400 x 7 cause everyone knows that 300 x 10 is BORING. :p

lol yeah I remember I PM'd the guy at XS who said that.......asked him if his board accepted it right away and sure enough it did....he just popped it at 400x7 instead of 280x10 and that's all there was to it.....BUT, I want to find the best number to get closest to the overall 2000HTT bus.....with 400 you'd have to use a LDT Multi of 2 which is 400x2=800x2=1600HTT overall....I'd much rather have 300 so then it's 300x3=900x2=1800HTT :D

I'm not really even thinking much of the HTT speed right now, I'll just lower it to 3 right away, give the RAM a bit of extra voltage, and start increasing and spending the hours and hours of flipping around the dozens of RAM timings. :p I'll probably even try giving the HTT and "chipset"a bit of extra voltage when the rad gets dunked just so I can surpass you. mwahahahaha.

We should start up a little betting game a couple days before :p

Dunking the rad in ice water would be a completely different competition.....if you didn't win after doing that then I'd have to bag on you for the remainder of the year :p

My heatercore isn't coming out of my case though, so if you want to dunk it in icewater then that'll have to be for your own personal tests because I'm just going to be using straight up water cooling not "chilled" in a sense like you're doing......I've got quite a bit of dye in there this time to really make it red too so I might even lose a degree or two :p

I think my current aftermarket chipset cooler might fit on this board so I'll indeed be giving it a little nudge in voltage if I have to...

I plan on also putting my link speed to 3x because chances are 300 won't be necessarily easy to get, especially not 1:1.......but like I said if you wanted to do 400x7 your link speed multi would have to be 2x...and I'm sure 200MHz difference in HTT would probably effect scores somewhat.

You should just see what you can get with the straight water cooling so we can have more accurate results and a more formal competition because obviously in a bucket of ice you'd get probably 10C lower if not more easily.

We should start up a little betting game a couple days before
Whatcha got in mind!?! :D

Are you guys also going to do a stock competition and not an overclockathon before you break anything :p

Whatcha got in mind!?!
A case of beer which I'll OBVIOUSLY be keeping chilly in the ice with my rad :D

the ice will just be the icing on the cake to basically see how far I can push everything will a temperature difference. I honestly don't think it'll make much difference though since the Venices don't even need enough voltage to warrant a lot of heat.

I guess we'll do some stock just for comparitive purposes but everything will be set the same at some point and time just to see how everything really compares.

I've got quite a bit of dye in there this time to really make it red too so I might even lose a degree or two
Pff, NO EXCUSES! :p

Are you guys also going to do a stock competition and not an overclockathon before you break anything
Meh stocks not interesting :p we'll just wind up using the same specs on the CPU, RAM, and GPU whether it it be 2.5GHz or what.

Pff, NO EXCUSES!
Hey! I'll make up all the excuses I want! Here's some more! Yours has microsinks for the mosfets that COME with the board, mine won't have any! I'll blame it all on those muahahahahaha

A case of beer which I'll OBVIOUSLY be keeping chilly in the ice with my rad
What if there's a vast difference in beer prices :p

Do you have a paypal account for real BTW? Because I do

yeah the 'risky' aspect of it is.....it's not like we're track runners, where we can blatently see the other person physique and talent.....no matter the talent you have in overclocking it ultimately comes down to LUCK.....overclocking is always luck of the draw so we either both get good OC'ing chips, we both get bad ones...or one of us gets good and the other gets bad.......then beyond the CPU...of course the RAM will be another factor....and like he said it'll actually be TCC5 vs TCCD but both will be brainpower PCB....

I just checked tracking and it said my motherboard should be here tomorrow :D I hope I hope I hope....good thing too because my windows is ALL screwed up.....getting all kinds of errors saying I need to run check disk and cripe, soooo yeah, it definitely needs a format by this point anyway.

::prays that the venice isn't DOA and is a bomb-double-O-shizzle OC'er:: :D

Gaara's on his 3rd CPU because the first two were dead.....3rd times the charm right gaara? :)

Nubius said:
Dhw - yours is a winnie though, so they do OC well but the higher numbers start requiring more Vcore than what's comfortable...these venices have been hitting nice OC's just with stock voltage, so AHHHH I can't freakin wait......give it about 2-3 weeks for results....my board should be here around monday or so, (atleast I hope so) and gaaras CPU should be at his place by wednesday....so give us some time to tweak the systems, test stability, burn em in......get screens, benching info etc..etc...and we'll be reporting back here ;)

Yea i was really starting to get nervous about putting any more voltage through thr CPU. Thought i might see a nice little flash and smell some smoke lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom