DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacramento
bah, lol horrible guess on my part......you know nvidia is having a big LAN down there in july? People to sign up two weeks before it get BF2 for free apparently, of course the LAN is going to cost like $50 easily, but that's of course for a 3 day long LAN as well.

he even has the venice all ready (bastard )
muahahaha.....I got this CPU back at the beginning of june....hell I don't even know if it works technically :D I sure as hell hope so because I don't want to get it all setup and water cooled only to find out it's dead :X

Gaara, do u have water cooling?
Yeah he does, DD parts just like me, believe the same pump, same block (can't remember if you went with TDX or MCW6002 at the end?) same GPU block if it ever arrives :p

so basically our systems will be damn near identicle with the exception of the nf3 vs nf4 which basically translates into AGP vs PCI-E

Yes, the only difference might be the radiators and I'm using an MCW6002 because a friend gave it to me. Basically the big differences will be temperature and the RAM, apart from that, should be pretty close. Hopefully we both get leet stepping cores from good weeks too.

I know atleast one person at dfi-street is reporting some wacky temps on the nf3 board, so hell mine might actually wind up not being able to be used.....he was reporting it jumping from 40C to 60C within a matter of a second......I do have a little thermal probe, but of course it'd be measuring the heat of the side of the CPU so it won't be a very good estimate IMO.

But yeah, the RAM I figure will play a pretty big role in it........cooling and board are pretty much the same with a few exceptions....I won't be needing to use 3.2v dimm and I doubt you'll need to use 4v dimm :p so basically we just gotta hope our CPU's aren't dead and that we indeed have gotten a good batch....

COME ONE COME ALL.....NUBIUS VS GAARA DFI VENICE SHOW DOWN SPECTACULAR!! BRING YOUR FAMILY! $5 ENTRY FEE!

The most voltage I'll need will be 3.2 probably, I don't think I'll end up moving the jumper to 2-3, I'd normally say max 3v but the tcc5s seem to like a bit mor vDIMM. This might also be a good comparison between tccd and tcc5 chips, although they aren't the same brand still interesting to see the latency and voltage settings at different speeds.

$30 on nubius...

if u want cool, take off the side of case, put up a big fan, attach a cone of paper to it so the thin end is pointed right at the CPU. and let it blow. guarnteed cool.

The highest ive OCed was my 3200 to 2.5ghz on stock. then i started to get dangerous temps and backed it back down to stock speeds

lol, I think that makes 2 bets I got riding on me :p

Not necessarily a good thing cause I might have people after my blood if I lose......I MUSTNT LOSE TO GAARA........THIS IS US OC'ING VS CANADIAN OC'ING :p lol.....that'll get some people going patriotic for OC'ing for us now muahahaha.

Dhw - yours is a winnie though, so they do OC well but the higher numbers start requiring more Vcore than what's comfortable...these venices have been hitting nice OC's just with stock voltage, so AHHHH I can't freakin wait......give it about 2-3 weeks for results....my board should be here around monday or so, (atleast I hope so) and gaaras CPU should be at his place by wednesday....so give us some time to tweak the systems, test stability, burn em in......get screens, benching info etc..etc...and we'll be reporting back here ;)

Yeah, expect some pretty killer results, I think I'll be dumping my heatercore in a bucket of ice for a few hours and see how many extra MHz I can squeeze outta the Venice and I'll most likely be getting a peltier to play around with in the future sometime.

Basically we'll probably have the benchmark safe overclocks, the uber extreme who can get the highest overclock, and prolly even everything out for you blocks to see how everything compares at equal configurations.

Well....I won't be dunking my heatercore in ice because of the way it's mounted to the case, nor will I be bothering with a pelt for this setup.....I WILL however be using a 172w or 226w pelt to cool this mobile down, using chilled water to cool the hotside of the pelt to see how high I can get it.....get my venice to 3GHz and the mobile to 3GHz.....mmmmm that'd be pretty nice if I do say so myself :D Both chips with a 1GHz or more OC :p

But yeah for the most part, we'll each find out what the absolute highest we can run is which basically means bootable and quickly able to get a screen shot lol........then see what the highest stable is, and then bench them with that, because who knows, he may hit 2.9Ghz and me only 2.8GHz but my RAM may hit 285MHz and his only hit like 260MHz, so that could change some things up too.......then we'll run like 2.7GHz with RAM at 250MHz and vid cards at the same clocks just to see how close our systems are too each other with EXACT speeds and specs with the exception of course being the whole nf3 vs nf4 and AGP/PCI-E deal.

Should be fun as hell though and I can't wait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom