another stupid computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

In Runtime
ok so i got my new mouse and keyboard after the previous ones died during a storm. anyways my computer works fine but now my internet won't work. im running on a cable internet connection at 100mb or 1mb. i also have a router. so..yeah the ethernet port of my computer is messed up and doesn't work because the light that is usually on the router when the ethernet wire is hooked up to my computer doesn't come on anymore. well yeah...im pissed now cause my only choice for me to get my internet back is to buy another mobo. i've already tried everything to get the light back on but nothing works. when i hook the ethernet upto my laptop the light comes on so that means only my COMPUTER's ethernet port doesnt work. so anyways ive never built a computer before but i have upgraded and taken apart a few parts so installing a mobo couldnt be that hard right? anyways my current pc specs are:

amd athlon xp+3200
512mb of pc2700 but CPU-Z recognizes it as pc3200
160gb seagate hd
250watt ps hooked up to a battery backup which is 360watts
nvidia mx4000 128mb
dvd drive
cd rom drive

the mobo im looking at is this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813186025

anyone have suggestions or recommendations?

yes my modem had an usb but when i plug the usb in the "usb" light wont come on the modem and the internet still doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom