9800 pro choppiness problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have to say that this card is proving to more of a menace than my last motherboard.So what do you want me to change in redline to get the results desired.

apokalipse said:
like Nubius said, change to Direct3D
ATI Radeon cards are much better in Direct3D

also, if you had an Nvidia card before, you need to completely uninstall Nvidia drivers before installing ATI ones

if you want to overlclock more, I would suggest an Arctic Silencer cooler.

Nubius?

What do I change on the utility to make it completely direct3d? Because I am getting roughly 60FPS and it is choppy as hell. I am using FRAPS.

pdxsk8er said:
What do I change on the utility to make it completely direct3d? Because I am getting roughly 60FPS and it is choppy as hell. I am using FRAPS.
There's your problem. FRAPS will lag the hell out of you. Even on my expensive system with low settings and all tweaked out when recording with FRAPS it still seems a bit sluggish.

It does it even when FRAPS isn't running! What would 2 to 3% of my resources effect that majorly. I don't know how to set redline to work from non-software applicated settings. If it needs to be that I free almost as much system memory as possible what do I shut off and how do I shut it off?

Reinstall windows it's the last (and first) resort

And FRAPS only causes an FPS drop whiel recording...

Sorry, no thanks, THUG 2 is the only game that's choppy, I'll just uninstall it, all my other games play without problems at around 60-70 FPS at Medium or High settings. Sorry to refuse help but I'm not ready to part with any of the settings created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom