Sata Hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff-Raff

Baseband Member
I have a BRAN NEW nothing on it sata HD, When i turn the comp on i get beeps. I went the the WD web site and there are drivers i need. Can the drives make the Computer boot up. I'm getting nothing on the screen

when you you go to install windows it will say if you need to install 3rd party drivers press F6 or F9 or whatever, put those drivers on a floppy and put the floppy in the drive, and all should go well.

He said nothing on the screen though.

Was there anything before you installed the drive?
Try reseating your RAM and graphics card.

yes i get nothing on the screen How do i reset that? And i tryed a diff video card same thing.

Oh right. I meant reseat, like unplug and replug everything in. You've already tried the graphics card, what about the RAM? Try one stick.

Does the computer boot without the drive attached?

Is this a brand new build, or are you just changing the hdd?

Are you booting off the XP CD?

Bran new build, I got a barebones, came witht he MoBo, cpu, i had a video card and cd-rom, floppy drive. I got a new OEM HD from newegg. Im not loading anything i havnt done anything but connect all the cables, set the jumpers and push the power.

well, the mobo, cpu, RAM, or graphics card is either dead or just not seated right, hence why the told you to try reseating some things....pull out the graphics card, if you got canned air use it to blow out the AGP slot, reseat it firmly making sure it's definitely in there....repeat with the RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom