Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raze said:
Thanks drworm2005 and everyone. I hope I get my money back too. We will find out soon enough. So far nothing yet. Paypal has recieved my claim and are investigating. Alienware have responded and are investigating. Ebay is investigating. Haven heard anything from intel or IBM yet. But I'm sure I will.

Hope it all works out Raze. And when the mess is cleaned up, feel free to stop by TF for some help. If u give us a budget, we'll give u parts to buy so u can build it yourself, or we'll send you to www.monarchcomputer.com That place has real professionals, real custom comps

As soon as I recieve my money back I will contact you guys right away. Thankyou for all your help.

for 1300 bucks you can get one kick ass machine :) Tell ALL the people that will listen NEVER, EVER BUY COMPUTERS OFF E-BAY!

Must have been a scam. The sellers other items have been removed and two people who replied with good comments about them are no longer registered on ebay. Go to this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5203802794

and click view sellers other items and read feedback comments see for yourselves. They had four other computers for sale this morning. There all gone now. Been removed.

The bottom line here is simple. Forget the fact that you didn't get the SPECS. that were advertised. If it was advertised as a custom built PC and you didn't ge the parts that were ordered then fine. Any of those suggestions that connie made would have been fine.

BUT. It was advertised as a ALIENWARE BRAND computer. In fact we all know it was not. The seller admitted that she didn't even know anything about ALIENWARE. This is improper use of brand name or trademark. This is illegal. Now that you've contacted all of the proper channels, you should have a problem getting your money back... If not a great small claims court case...

"I can't walk around the streets selling watches and saying they are, "ROLEX BRAND" watches when they are not rolex watches.
People do this all the time. And if they are caught, they are arrested. It's illegal.

good luck raze... connie deserves everything she gets outta this one.

It seems like they was offering a refund at the end there. Did they back out of that? What are they telling you now?

They are probably waiting to receive shipment of the items of which I shipped united states postal service back to them with insurance on the items of which i gave them money to purchase insurance on the items when shipped to me and they did not when I checked with the postal service. I have tracking numbers which I sent to them and to paypal and ebay. I have the reciepts that I did send them through the post office. So now I just have to wait and see about the refund. I also contacted the better bussiness bureau in there area. Also this morning they had four computers for sale and now have none. Infact they are no longer registered on ebay. Also two of there good comment posters who had posted good comments about them are no longer registered either. Hmmmmmmm. I just have to wait and see. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for your help

Yeah, those other two positive feedback users were probably her, just trying to increase her feedback rating. typical scum of earth...

ADMINS: Can you make this thread a STICKY? I think it would help forum users in the future how not to fall victim to PC scams and what to look for.

Yea and if they were pulling that then you know they were playing games with real people bidding also. Like they raise the bid just enough till they think they are getting what they think should be the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom