6600gt Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
Well i managed to get my gigabyte 6600GT to 601/1250 but is it safe to leave it at this???

wow - makes my old GeForce 4 look sluggier than it is :)
I guess you've got 2000 points on my model number.

nah, you shouldn't, those speeds are for benchmarking purposes IMO

running it 24/7 @ 550/1100 seems reasonable

If tou have a pci-exhaust fan

pci-xhaust cooler can't do shit, they suck air out of the case

and zalman 700u > arctic cooler

well thats not really something we could say, unless we knew your temps. i dont really know how much heat the 6600 series in general will take, but i dont imagine its much different from the 6800 series. and the only thing that could possibly run hotter than one of those is a dual core prescott :p

if you start seeing artifacts, then obviously, back it off.

have u tested it in 3d mark at that speed? because that is a very nice O/C mine only wants to do around 460 mhz.

Sh0r_ty said:
Well i managed to get my gigabyte 6600GT to 601/1250 but is it safe to leave it at this???

That's a great OC, and if your not getting random reboots, or other problems keep it that way

It will decrease the life of your card however, but by the time it fails it will be worth 20$

Run @ 560 / 1220 or soo and ull be fine :D .. just watch temps never go over 70c load.. use Rivatuner to monitor temps while doing a benchie.

Run @ 560 / 1220 or soo and ull be fine .. just watch temps never go over 70c load.. use Rivatuner to monitor temps while doing a benchie.
Dude, you can run those cards up to 90c load without a problem. Just try to keep it in the 80's and you'll be fine. The 6600GT has some crazy thermal threashold, 140c I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom