Planning on getting my First Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schurmy said:
Dell has a better deal 1,200 with the free monitor and yes i know velocity its just a monitor

Where are you coming up with $1200 for that Dimension 8400?

I just went to the Dell site and configured an 8400 with the specs you mentioned in your first post. It came to $2254, which included a FREE 19" flat panel monitor.

The ATI X850 XT PE is $540 by itself more than the useless X300 SE that comes with the base model. Throw in another $270 more for the extra 512 MB of DDR2 and 400 GB hard drive and the cost gets pretty pricey. Sure you get the monitor for free, but they're making up for it with what they're charging you for the Gfx card, ram and hardrive.

That system that someone put together for you at monarchcomputers for around $1400 (without monitor), would blow this one out of the water, especially for gaming. You could even add your own flat panel and still come out ahead.

For someone whose only 15 years old, I would think that saving all that cash would be a huge plus, as well as getting a much better pc.

Basicly in english

If you get ATI, you are going to get a card that makes games look ugly, and get alot of FPS though. And it wotn even play some games

whoever said that it came up to 2000 dollars for a dell dimension 8400 you probably did a ton more then i selected when i customized it.

my computer will cost less because my family gets discounts off of dell computers for business reasons

yeah thats weird to i went to dell.com again and customized it is in the 2000 dollars now thats weird they must of had a deal ending now but yeah last time i did it it was alot less

im tellin ya, the best place to get it online is www.monarchcomputer.com Monarch customizes everything to order, including mobo, PSU, case, vid card, hard drive, etc. I customized a 3700+ San Diego w/ dual optical drives, 1 gig of RAM, and a 6800 GT for $1400

I dont understand that site i went there i think it would be to much stress to build a computer im going to wait for the next gen graphic cards so that the 6800GT is less because when you call dell you can tell them what card you want

Every time i see people playing games (new games) on there computer is always ends up being a dell why are you guys telling me not to get a dell i dont feel like making my own i dont understand that place to many options looks like im reading DAMN CODE! if i call dell up ill tell them to put in 1 GB of RAM and a eVGA GeForce 6800 GT i agree that GT is a very nice video card thanx for that help but it seem if i call them up they will no what they are doing and i can tell them what stuff i want and they will now if it will run fine or not. Do any of you have the new battlefield 2 demo here i need to know how it runs on your computer like what grahpics card and how much RAM you are using to know if it will work on my Dimension.

that is a very good deal with the farcry, napster and HL2 i was planning on getting that farcry game too will that game work on my dimension. but i think i might wait for the new Farcry instincts to come out for XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom