6800GT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Z-

Baseband Member
The only thing that i don't like about buying video cards are that once u buy a good video card like BFG 6800gt theres always another card that has the same chipset and performs the same cost ways less,

6800GT's AGP:
Asus-$279
XFX-$292
eVGA-$294
Gigabyte-$320
MSI-$366
PNY-$379
BFG-$410
I could have got the XFX for cheaper and i just got the BFG one less than 2 weeks ago. Anyone think that i should just return it and get the XFX one instead? its not that i don't like the BFG card its just that i can't stop thinking that with the money i get bak i can use it for something else

XFX cards are often DOA. If u r gonna return it, get the eVGA model. And by all means, save 100

I've read that BFG cards perform very well with games. The only thing you need to worry about is giving it breathing room - if your case doesn't have proper ventilation, your BFG will heat up very quickly.

Get the eVGA if you want to save money. It wont be as strong (BFgs are pre-overclocked), but who cares, its a 6800GT!!

Personally, I'd just stick with what you got.

Yeah, I would stick with the BFG version that you have. It is a good card, I almost bought one but I can't bring myself to spend $400 on a graphics card right now. Know though that the pre-OC isn't much of an OC at all. You can still do more OC-ing and get that thing to Ultra speeds.

they literally OC it like 2 mhz and call it an OC...if u do it urself, especially with aftermarket cooling, you can go a lot further

Wow...I bought my 6800GT for $350 last August! If yer paying $400 now you got ripped. You should have done some research beforehand. Only you can save yourself from making poor purchases.

As for the manuf's, eVGA is where I got my card from, and I've been totally happy. Despite what has been said above, it does not "under perform". It is sold base. If you want to over-clock it, you have to do that yourself, which is no big deal, and certainly not worth paying $200 extra for.

That is a high price, but the BFG's are good cards, and have one of the best warranties.

I did have a bit of a heating problem, but aftermarket cooling solved that. I have hit 435/1150 with mine, but I just run it at 400/1100 24/7.

I think that the BFG does have the best warranties becuz its life time unlike all the other ones with 1 or 2 years....on most of the websites i order computer stuff from has the BFG 6800gt agp near $400 but i got mines from a BestBuy retail store for about the same price...anyone find any sites that got the same card for cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom