CPU temp too high!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayniac said:
This is kind of off the subject, but out of curiosity, has anyone made their CPU fan go to 0 rpms? I am dying to try it, just because of curiosity, but I know damn well it would probably hurt my CPU if I did.

LOL, it could just be the wrong settings in the program, check out mine.

Drworm2005.:D

Heh heh, y'know what? I think your right, i just booted up speedfan again and it said this:

LOL

Wayniac said:
This is kind of off the subject, but out of curiosity, has anyone made their CPU fan go to 0 rpms? I am dying to try it, just because of curiosity, but I know damn well it would probably hurt my CPU if I did.

yep. just sticked a finger to the fan and watched how fast the temps rose. not as fast as i would've expected. the cpu was (and still is) a 1 Ghz Athlon.

Doing that is very bad for you fan. I would never force my fan to stop by applying pressure to it...

Also i installed MBM5 on my machine and it supposedly was meant to support my MOBO but i got the same warning u got. My CPU got to about 86*C and the PC shut itself down to prevent damage. After i un-installed MBM5 i had no problems.

Drworm2005.

Im getting a DFI mobo soon though. Ideally i would like to get a 939 mobo and processor, but i dont have the money so im stuck getting a DFI lan party 754 for about £70... oh well, it beats my 'acer' mobo anyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom