Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou everyone for your help. I will be requesting a refund. It seems the seller is upset and refuses me a refund since I posted bad feedback on ebay about him. Well lets look at the facts. Advertised an Alienware. Its not an Alienware. Advertised an IBM. Its not an IBM, Advertised a pentium 4, I got a celeron 2.8, Advertised 1 gig of dual channel ram, I got 1 gig of single channel ram, advertised an nvidia geforce FX 5200 64 bit 128mb ram. I got a geforce MX 4000. He breached the contract from the beginning and cannot make good on it no matter what cause if he even does put the right parts in it. It wont be an IBM or Alienware. Im through doing bussiness with this guy and will do whatever it takes to get my money back. I will spend all day today contacting the right people and keep you posted. Thanks everyone for your help. For more information on the seller and what he is up to go to http://forums.anandtech.com/message...eyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear please read because this is really not good bussiness. Thanks

I researched for it and couldnt find it lol
Nvm it was cd-rw i was talking about. Also, 52x is not fastest. 54x is. More false advertisement.

Hey Hacp you researched what. The other forums. That link works that I gave in the last message???? OOO I gottcha never mind. Yea I know. Contacting Alienware now. I left bad feedback on ebay about them in speaking the truth. This is what I stated. I recieved nothing of what was advertised. They are refusing to give me $ back Reply by garsgal2: Lied to us- Trying2Rip us off - Ad said Exchange Only. We offered to fix no cost

This I cant believe. There now saying I tried to rip them off. When in fact I shipped the product back to them sent paypal and ebay the tracking number of me shipping it back. These people are incrediable. Also after I had left them bad feed back they had there other ebay friends come on and leave them wonderful feedback. They probably have false accounts/people bidding on there products , just to get the bid higher.

This is what I sent to IBM and to Alienware

I have purchased a product advertised as yours from ebay. I am requiring a refund from this party and they are refusing to give me a refund. However I believe that you should know who is using your companies name to sell there conterfit products.
The ebay item # 5203802794

The link to the advertisment = http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5203802794

I urge you to read the advertisment as it says Alienware/IBM and is not.

If you are interested further. I purchased this from them, more info on what I recieved can be found at these two links.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58258&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://forums.anandtech.com/message...eyword=&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

I thank you for your time in this matter. I will do whatever it takes to get my money back. I paid $1,300 + dollars for an item that is not related to your company but is advertised as. Anything you can do to help resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have sent this e-mail to the coporate offices of IBM & Alienware.

I am now going to contact intel and state that they are advertising pentium 4's and giving people celerons. I have a long day ahead of me. O if they only just gave me my money back things would have gone much smoother. But its better for the most part as they will not be advertising Alienwares or IBM's anymore. Hopefully this helps the community and computer buying world.

Hopefully you guys can help me find the right computer for me if and when I get my money back. Next time I know to come here first. I appreciate everyones help with the links and what not. Thankyou

I wouldn't be supprised if Ailenware and/or IBM open up a law suite against them, all i can say is you *connie* deserve everything that comes of this.

Goodluck Raze, hope you get ALL your money back including S/H and insurance.;)

Drworm2005.

Thanks drworm2005 and everyone. I hope I get my money back too. We will find out soon enough. So far nothing yet. Paypal has recieved my claim and are investigating. Alienware have responded and are investigating. Ebay is investigating. Haven heard anything from intel or IBM yet. But I'm sure I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom