is this a POS board

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wt3ch

Baseband Member
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813180070

Anybody ever used a product from this company? Their boards look a lot like the DFI Lanparty series and their specs look like they are trying to break into the board market and compete with DFI. Is this just a flashy piece of plastic with no use in a good performance machine?

My system specs are something like this

Processor: AMD 3200+ or 3500+
Video: 6800 or 6800GT
RAM: 1 to 2 GB
HDD 1: Raptor
HDD 2: SATA 120GB WD
Sound Card: CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

I'm weary of this only because I've never heard of the company

Soltek used to be a big man in the industry, but they sort of faded way, way back. I have read that they are starting to make a comeback.

As far as quality, try Googling the mobo and see if you can find any reviews on it.

Trotter said:
Soltek used to be a big man in the industry, but they sort of faded way, way back. I have read that they are starting to make a comeback.

As far as quality, try Googling the mobo and see if you can find any reviews on it.

Trotter,

Thanks for the info. I'm new to PC Building and it's good to hear from someone who knows. I'm going to hit the Google search and see what comes up.

The only dumb question is the unasked question. It pays to ask around, as it is one of the best ways to learn.

I have looked at a couple of Soltek boards, but since I don't have the capitol to sink into anything right now, I didn't look too deep.

Soltek's barebones look pretty good.

uzi9mm said:
That board has some nice colors on it!!!!! I know that wasnt much help but it seems to look good.

I agree that's one of the reasons I liked it. It's also one of the reasons I was a little bit weary. It seems that sometimes a component looks really cool but ends up just being a lot of glitz. I like the specs on this board and I like the design. Also it got decent write ups at the sites I went to. I'm not set on anything though so we'll see waht I actually end up with. Any other good MOBO suggestions (AMD Socket 939, PCIe, SATA compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom