Still Undecided!! LCD or CRT...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
idiotec said:
Wow, you put a lot of thought into that post. Good for you!
i didnt need to put a lot of thought into it, the resopnse time of a crt compared to a LCD is unmatched., plus CRT's are far less expensive. so unless space is a huge issue, crt's are the way to go.

Like i said before, go to teh store and look at the monitors on display. see for yourself what the difference is.

LoL. You don't need a good card for high resolutions. It's all about the monitor. Even my 7year old Riva TNT2 can hit 2048x1536@32b

I too have to say CRT. Those of you having trouble with your eyes after being on one for awhile need to upgrade to something with a higher refresh rate (something above 60 hertz, 90 is great if you can find one.)

Anyways, I have seen some nice LCD monitors as well but the majority of those are around 3 to 4 times the price as a good CRT monitor. I personally don't mind the extra space because to me quality and speed make a big difference. I'm sticking with CRT.

LoL. You don't need a good card for high resolutions. It's all about the monitor. Even my 7year old Riva TNT2 can hit 2048x1536@32b
Are you talking about desktop settings or games? I was talking about game resolution. Higher resolutions put a lot more strain on the gfx card.

GRINGOSTARR said:
i didnt need to put a lot of thought into it, the resopnse time of a crt compared to a LCD is unmatched., plus CRT's are far less expensive. so unless space is a huge issue, crt's are the way to go.

i'm not sure your eyes can notice anything less than 12ms.. which is found in most LCD monitors... unelss you have "super eyes", then you might notice some lag.. but most of us here are normal so we don't have to worry about that! :p :p :p

Well, I went and looked at display monitors and guess what?
They dont display CRT's and it was hard to distingish the difference in LCD's in the store; especially with different screens, contrasts etc.... also the instore bright lighting; Oh God....I will go with I think a Samsung or Benq, although the Sonys looked good too.
Anyways thanks for all the replies , you have all been an immense help!!
Cheers.
I will reply with the "Final Purchase" wooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom