DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally didn't tell people :p but since I already got it I suppose I can say :D

www.mwave.com has em

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA30085

Theres the direct link.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, nf4 is gonna take your nf3 to SCHOOL biatch
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would have to agree
you agree because 4 is a higher number than 3 thus it must be better......the only difference is that 3 handles an AGP bus whereas 4 handles the PCI bus.......and since we both have 6800GT's and we all know that the 6800GT's don't even use but 8x bus just like AGP......then there will be virtually no differences.........of course the best way to find out how much more 'optimized' one might be over the other is to run stock speeds and the same GT specs and then see what we get in various benchmarks.......I'd honestly be surprised if it was a very big difference at all.

Gaara - a lot of people are putting their cards in the bottom slot so they have plenty of room to add a chipset fan or water block......you just gotta enable SLI so it makes the bottom card PCI-E 8x instead of 1x like it is with SLI disabled and you should be good to go......not that it's imperative you get great cooling on it, but I think I'll be able to get my current aftermarket chipset fan to fit on the new board hopefully :D

btw, did you get a 3200+ venice?
Yessir....I believe gaara did as well.....so like I said we will be damn near identicle.....we've both got DD watercooling, 6800GTs, 3200+ venices...and a DFI board :p He's got OCZ Platinum Rev2s though and I have Patriot XBLs.......both of us are unsure how far our RAM will go...OCZ is good, but his has the new TCC5 chip, and there's been both success and horror stories so it'll be luck of the draw there........mine is guaranteed by the manufacturer to run at DDR533 so I'm hoping for around 275MHz honestly.

Thats cool, i dindt think about it that way really. so i suppose your right there, but we shall see.
Don't get me wrong though, there very well could be a difference, but for the most part the Nf4 wasn't like a 'supreme optimized' chipset or anything compared to nf3.....it was simply made for a different bus.......oh well if my RAM is higher, CPU is higher, and hell if graphics card turns out to be higher then it won't matter :p but that's just wishful thinking.......either way it'll be nice to go HEAD TO HEAD and see what kind of benches we got, and we got some motivation to 'beat the other guy' :D

I'M OUT FOR BLOOD GAARA!!! YOU WILL BE TAKEN IN BY MY SEXY NO JUTSO AND THEN YOU WILL GO DOWN! :)

$30 on Nubius! Besides, i personally prefer Patriot to OCZ for OCing (not that OCZ is bad)

apart from the AGP/PCI-E differenece of the NF3 to the NF4 is there no other difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom