question on lcd screens with vga and dvi connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

gant

Beta member
hi

i currently switch computers twice a day, cuase my dad has his own computer, that means i switch power/monitor/mouse etc all to one computer then vice versa when im done.

my monitor has a dvi-i output and i ordered a dvi-i to dvi-i male cable.

question im gonna hook up the dvi to my computer and the vga output to my dads..im only going to be turning on one computer so can i leave them both plugged in will there be any interference with leaving both plugged in?

so basicly dvi plug to my computer, vga to his, only one computer will have POWER to it.

basicly the reason i want to each computer to have its own monitor cable is im worried i'll start bending the pins and i think one is already a little bent.

so it'll be nice to just leave the monitors alone and just switch around the power chord/mouse/keyboard/speaker and i heard dvi-i connection wil be better since my video card has a dvi-i connection on it,

question on that will my video card read it and start it normally when i put in the dvi-i connection?

ok i never knew about that just looked it up.

so with this kvm then computer can share all BUT the power chords right? each power chord would have to be used seprately? is there any install cd or is it just plug and play?

wait but then you would need to have a dsl router? or unhook the dsl line and hook it up to the computer u switch to so i mite as well just wait for that cable to come in and hook up my dvi-i cable to my computer and hook up the vga to my dads and then thats one less cable i have to swap, the rest take like 2 seconds to plug in

anyone got any answers to my orinal question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom