noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
i know this is probably a very nubish question. but i was just wondering. what does the 3500+,3200+, ect. mean after the processor description?

it means what Intel CPU the AMD is equal to. I.E. a 3200 is equal to a p4 3.2ghz. Although in games, it performs more like a 3.8ghz :)

I've heard that is false actually. AMD did not build their processors in terms of Intel processors. With what you are saying, you'd have to assume that AMD made their processors around what Intel had. This, however, is not a horrible rule of thumb, because it is generally pretty accurate. I honestly don't know what the numbers stand for.

Wayniac said:
I've heard that is false actually. AMD did not build their processors in terms of Intel processors. With what you are saying, you'd have to assume that AMD made their processors around what Intel had. This, however, is not a horrible rule of thumb, because it is generally pretty accurate. I honestly don't know what the numbers stand for.

Actually, that is true. It's just coincendence that allows them to be compared that way. But not exactly, it'll be right. THere are in-between numbers like the 4000+, which is about equivalent to only a 3.8GHz P4.
Roger

Thats correct, i have family that works for intel and thats what he claims is true. Also unless you have dual core chips, you can't but anything much over 3.8 ghz.

the processor which will be in my next processor is a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice. the operating freqency is 2.0 GHz, so it would run like a 3.2 MHz intel? that's pretty insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom