Planning on getting my First Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I really think your over doing it. Dell's do not "suck" for most things. The main thing is you cannot OC them and there are some upgrade limitations.

You have to realize that not everyone need or wants to build a computer. Dell makes it very easy.

Like I said before, the Dell you listed would be able to play BG2, HL2, and Doom 3 very well. If you are happy with what you are getting for the price, go for it.

One step up would be getting a custom PC built for you. It will take learning the components a little better. But like has been suggested already, you will get help here as far as what components.

Just think about what you are comfortable with.

Exactly. Once i saw that he was a complete newbie, I just gave up on having him upgrade parts and told him that dell exists mainly for people like him.

Yeah, I think it is best for to get a Dell in this scenario. In order to build your own computer you should really want to do it and be comfortable doing it, neither of which Schurmy is.

Schurmy, in this case, I think it is best to get your Dell. You'll get all of the software you'll ever need for it, it'll run up to date games decently, and in the future, when you're more comfortable with all of this, you can maybe build your own when you are ready for a new computer. Good luck with everything!

alright thanx guys for the help i needed it o and thanx for the smart A$$ post wayniac "Yeah, I think it is best for to get a Dell in this scenario. In order to build your own computer you should really want to do it and be comfortable doing it, neither of which Schurmy is"

cya later guys

haha... not being a smart a$$, but let's be honest, do you really want to build your own computer and are you comfortable with the idea, or would you rather order it from Dell?

if are going to go the dell route *shudders* dont get the Radeon X850 XT. Yes, its powerful, but it lacks pixel shader model 3.0, which is a necessary component to play future games well. go with a Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom