Disappearing Cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncook

Beta member
I recently restored my computer. It is a Compaq computer, and we are running XP. I have replaced the keyboard since I bought the computer. The problem is that when my computer goes into standby mode, my cursor disappears. It still works because I can see the buttons being highlighted, but the cursor is invisible. The error message I get is: "The device driver for the 'Compaq PS2 Keyboard (2K-3)' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all aplications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."

I re-installed the driver for the current keyboard I had and removed the driver for the old keyboard, but I am still getting the message. Is there some way I can get into the system to see what it is looking for when it goes into standby mode so I can change that?

do u want just your mouse to take u out of stand by and disable your keyboard from bringing your comp out of stand by.If u want here is the directions system properties,hardware,devicemanager,then right click on your keyboard icon,power management,then turn off allow device to take system out off standby.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I click on the keyboard icon in the device manager, I do not see the power management option.

Sorry I mean right click properties on the menu that pops up then continue doing the rest.Sorry for the oversite:)

I see what you mean when I look in the properties for my mouse, but there is no power management tab for the keyboard. Could it be because it is not a Windows XP compatible keyboard? Instead of a power management tab, I see a resources tab. I am also confused why this is affecting the visibility of the cursor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom