Planning on getting my First Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
their systems are NOT for gaming. they are simple houslehold tasks - word processing, email, etc. not gaming. there are many better options out there

bf2 will run really slow trust me. Knowing dell, they probably underclocked that shit just to piss you off. Get the emachines.

get it from www.monarchcomputer.com

i just configured a 3700 San Diego with 1 gig of RAM, a 6800 GT, and dual layer opti drives for $1466

^This isn't a bad idea. But also to be honest with you, that Dell would be able to run most games very well.

I would go with Dell over eMachines.

Wayniac said:
Looks like it, but man, you came to the wrong place to ask about buying a Dell. I can only imagine where this thread is going to end up at...
I knew this would happen... lol.

Anyway, let's get something straight man. It is not wise to buy from a company generally. Dell overprices things... and that is how they make their money. Seems logical to buy a computer because the know what they're doing, however, the overcharge a ton. Out of curiosity I made a virtual Dell online one day just to see how it stacks up to the real price. I managed to build a $4000 Dell for just over $2000. You're paying for them to build it pretty much.

If you already have Windows XP and whatnot from an old computer, building your own pc would be the best idea. You could have a pretty happenin pc for that same $1200 you're going to spend on Dell.

And for the record, the Radeon X850 is not really as good as the 6800GT. Look at other threads by doing a tech-forum search. You'll see that NVIDIA pretty much owned up on this series of graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom