CPU temp too high!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i noticed my 80m cpu fan was really slow. How do i speed it up in Speedfan, because when i press the speedup button below the RPM display, it only speeds it up for about 2 seconds max and then it will go back to the slow speed again. It did that on my old heatsink fan too...

lol 120 mm cpu fan :p

So how do i speed up my fan properly? It seems to speed up for 2 seconds in speedfan and then just drop back to slow speed again...

It did the same when i had my stock fan on there (50mm)

This is kind of off the subject, but out of curiosity, has anyone made their CPU fan go to 0 rpms? I am dying to try it, just because of curiosity, but I know damn well it would probably hurt my CPU if I did.

Unplug your fan. Thats 0 RPM :p

Anyway, would i be able to speed up my fan if i put it into my fan controller? Even though my fan controller says it can only support single speed fans...

Fan controllers usually slow down fans. They monitor voltage and whatnot. If I plug my side 120mm fan into my motherboard, that sucker is cookin. I mean, it goes to town. When I plug it into the fan controller, it is very quiet. Trade-off. Fast and noisy, or slower and quiet? I pick slower and quiet for the side fan, but the processor fan should be fast and noisy (because noisy with those, still isn't very noisy).

On the packaging of my heastink it says "Fan speed: 2450 +/- 10%RPM"

How come its not even reaching 800 rpm? Is there not enough power getting to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom