Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just please don't be as deceptive as you were in that ebay advertisement. Yes, you did say that it was an error, but comeon! WIndows Xp provides like 80% of the software you listed. the Pentium 3.0 Ghz is not the newst pentium out. 250 is not huge by todays standards. Its the norm. It's ok to market your computer, but don't overplay it. People will FEEL deceived when they realize that all that extra stuff you put in there isn't really extra.

FYI Connie, newest Pentiums are Pentium Ds, 64 bit CPUs, and the Pentium Extreme Edition chips. A huge hard drive would be to have a pair of 1 terabyte hard drives running in RAID 0. Just so if you ever do advertise again, you get your facts straight.

Connie,

You can't List a item for sale on eBAY as a Name Brand Product if it isn't a Name Brand Product. Was that PC built by Alienware Corp? No it wasn't it was built by, "who knows". That's not even an alienware case. It's a knock-off.

Forget you AD... Look at the description of the product in your listing. It says, "BRAND: ALIENWARE" - That is incorrect.

You can't list that PC as an ALIENWARE PC - Case Closed.
That PC / Forget the case... Had to be built by ALIENWARE CORP themselves... For you to list it as an ALIENWARE PC

Read the seller policies that I linked to from the eBAY site in one of my previous posts...

I own a small local business, building custom computers for people.
If I bought a bunch of knock-off Alienware cases and built a bunch of PC's and sold them as "BRAND NEW ALIENWARE HIGH PREFORMANCE PC'S" and someone found out that they were in fact not built by, "ALIENWARE"... I would be sued in about 2 seconds.

You're wrong.. Refund his money now!!!

*raze* - Contact eBAY and file a policy violation on this seller... Then contact Alienware corp and link both the eBAY AD and the link to this thread. Then contact paypal and do the same with them... Print out this whole thread...

Keep all your emails... Sales receipts.. ETC...

Connie won't get away with this... Trust me...

Are you going to try and do better in the future? Did you even notice the things people are suggesting to you? Or are you just going to feel hurt and then not do anything for the future?

Word of wouth is the best way to earn business...or loose it!

The old adage goes "if a customer has a good experience they will tell 3 people, if they have a bad experience they will tell 10"

I am sure Raze will post a bad review on e-bay no matter what now, and I for one have posted several warnings to other places to ensure my friends don't got though this. This whole mess really hurt your buisness and yet you don't see to care?

In Closing:

*raze* Gladly take the refund if it was infact finally offered.
We'll help you get yourself a great PC...

*connie*
The only reason you have offered him a refund "NOW" is because we made such a big stink out of this whole thing. We all knew you were wrong and rightfully so, he deserves a FULL refund. May-be you weren't trying to scam him. Probably not. I think you and your company know absolutely nothing about computers. In turn you made a bunch of mistakes in selling them. Fine...

You refused to refund him in the beginning... Due to your (Refund & Exchange Policy) Flat out said no!!! But, you have seemed to have changed your mind... Thanks to the fine people here at Tech-Forums.com

~raze let us know when you get your money back!!!

This is all in reply to connie_111 denying my last post about her not knowing certain things or it not being what it should be.
Originally posted by connie_111
We'll resend the correct parts either separate or complete with the system again.
First off, if you are sending parts seperately, then you aren't selling an alienware pc really. Try getting a pc from Dell, and having them say "well, just send us the processor back, we'll send you a new one." No... if it isn't what you ordered, you send in the pc, and they send you a new one. At least, it used to be this way.
Raze will get what he paid for, no questions asked.
He didn't and he won't, because he paid for a "BRAND NEW ALIENWARE" which he didn't get. He got a preassembled something that was assumed to be an alienware.
The Ad says Exchange Only, You changed your heart over night??? We said we would correct the incorrect part(s) and would return at NO COST. Our Ads ALL say no REFUND, EXCHANGE ONLY. We will not honor the claim, we will return with correct part(s) as promised.
As I look, I see two return policies actually. The top one says:

"In the unlikely event that a return is request, all returns must include all original items undamaged, in re-saleable condition, all original packaging including manuals, warranty forms, etc. Software sales are not refundable. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs incurred shipping products back.If User evident damage, item will be returned at buyers expense. WARRANTY on ALL PARTS INDIVIDUAL to Their Manufacture"

and the bottom one says:

"Seller's return policy:
Item must be returned within: 7 Days Refund will be given as: Exchange
Return Policy Details: Please See Deatils within Auction"

It is slightly confusing here, but either way, you breached the contract first by not giving him what he bid on.
I see what your saying, we bought the case however, under the ad that it was an Alien ware case. We had everything else assembled.
So clearly it isn't an alienware pc like the ad said it was. You bought an alienware case seperately (or so you thought) and had the rest of the pc assembled already.
I will agree it's prob. a knockoff or generic.
BAM! See that? Right there is where you admit that it isn't an alienware case and that you know it!
Wow, those are expensive computers, .. but again, we only bought the case from someone on Yahoo Auctions.
Okay, contradictory to your "BRAND NEW ALIENWARE" once again, but we already have enough on that.
And i never said it wasn't alienware?
Yes you did... two quotes ago to be exact.

you said u didnt know what alienware is, and that you just bought a case that said alienware atx case. well, it looks like you bought a case illegally, because i'm pretty sure alienware doesnt sell cases; and how could you not know what alienware is and have a computer company?

I doubt it was illegal, there are replicated Alienware cases on the market. There is one site in paticular that a friend gave me a while back. Had voodoo, falcon, and alienware cases. Legit

Raze,
I haven't read every word since my post, (alot of repeat i think), so what's the name of the company connie works for??
Oh and connie, i apologize for the slpelling....

Hi Connie,

I sell computers for a living and I am VERY familiar with alienware PC's because they are my competition.

Please re-read this quote below:

"no Alienware has ever been made with a Celeron. These things do not happen by mistake."

This quote is true. Simply put, Alienware is a PERFORMANCE PC company, and a celerons are BUDGET based processors. This is equivalent to selling a Ferrari and having a 100 horsepower 4 cylinder engine under the hood.

To install a celeron processor in an Alienware case is either deliberate or the work of the bigggest idiot on the planet.

Does that make sense in explaining how ridiculous all of this is?

YOUR SARCASM AND ATTITUDE IS HIGHLY UNAPPRECIATED, particularly when you admit you dont know WTF your talking about.

one other note: 52X CD burner speeds do exist, so that is a possibility to have that on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom