PSU recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
I have a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D, 3200+ venice, 1 80 GIG harddrive,2x 512 MEG Twinmos ram, ATi x300 se Hypermemory VGA and 3 USB that takes Power. I need a 24 PIN PSU for around 100 USD anyone got any suggestions.

With the twinmos in there you're gonna need at least a 520w powerstream. You can try pulling off that little DIMM jumper mod floating around though if you can't afford something that big.

it sure is best not to skimp when it comes to psus. Better to pay more and get the better one than to buy a cheapy and hurt your more expensive parts.

Will raising memory voltage to 3.3 increase power supply needs by that much? I'm pretty sure that a 350 watt power supply can handle an a64,6600gt,2hds,cd/dvd,and 4 fans just fine.(no overclock though)

DFI recommends a minimum of 480watts for the lanparties just for stability reasons running at stock speeds, of course you can get away with less but better safe that sorry.

The problem with the DFI JP17 is the fact that is switches from the 3.3v rail to the 5v rail and leads to increased instability. Of course there is the jumper mod I was talking up which keeps the vDIMM specifically on the 3.3v which reduces all these risks and I would recommend doing if you are setting the jumper to 2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom