Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, at first it sounded as if connie wanted to work everything out, but the more I look at this, the more I get mad about this whole thing on the inside.

You said it was NEW (and you even used the big bold letters) and now you admit that you got the case somewhere else and assembled everything? It says right there "BRAND NEW ALIENWARE" and on the very next line it says "NEW and has not been used." However, none of this even compares to your biggest mistake. You know what your biggest mistake is connie? I'll tell you. Your biggest mistake is coming to tech forums and admitting he didn't get what he paid for, then admitting that it is a knock-off case that you bought somewhere else, and also admitting that your ad was misleading by saying it was NEW (because you got the case somewhere else) and saying that it is not ALIENWARE after all. Do you know why this was your biggest mistake? I'll tell you why there too. Because now, if Raze wants to go to court over this, which at this point I would be VERY tempted to do, HE HAS ALL OF THIS IN WRITING. It is basically a confession that you made here. Not to mention whatever you said in the emails. If I were you, I'd give him back his money, and a little something extra, and be glad he isn't taking you to court to soo for the price of the computer, and all of the headache on top of it for not refunding him for what he wanted. He could probably soo under the title of "pain and suffering" for taking up his time and creating way more stress than there was necessary. You may end up losing more than the price of that computer.

he might even be able to sue for our wasted time too. BTW Raze I am paid $16.00/hr at work, but I charge $30.00 for freelance stuff and $40.00 for consulting. As this falls under consulting I would go with the later :)

I think you guys should know more of the story. Everything was New, BRAND NEW, and never used. 100% Someone said that it prob wasnt new because we bought from Yahoo Auctions? Come on guys, this is getting old. We throw our hands up, Refund or Exchange Which ever they want. I wish i could post the 180 emails where Raze changes his story every email. We are through with this, we offered a refund or an exchange, either or. we are also faxing Paypal the invoices to where we bought each and every part from. Everything came sealed, and new. I think you guys should get your storys straight. And i never said it wasn't alienware? We bought the case that said Alienware, we posted as Alienware Case. We don't know anything really about Alienware, we are just relisting the specs we had on file. And we have tried to work this out, as of last night, the emails from Raze said all would be ok, just replace parts. We had no problems in doing so either. Raze also said he didn't care if it was Alienware or not? I don't know myself, I know the case camed sealed, and brand new along with everything else. Confessions you say? You people are unbelieveable! We doing our best, and thats all we can say. If were trying to scam someone, we sure wouldnt be wasting our time with stupid arguments between people who had nothingt to do with this in the first place. This is sickning to very bottom of my stomach at how cold you people can be.

That is moot anyways. He didn't get and isn't going to get what was advertised. You advertised 52x write speeds for cds. There are no 52x write speeds for cds. You should refund him or give him a cd drive with 52x write speeds.

we offer up our opinions based on whatever facts we have. We see you falsely advertise and we assume your scamming. Trouble is that is most often true.

Granted it may have been an error, granted you may be a good person in rotten situation, I know it happens. I am sorry to you if the later is true. In order to avoid this situation ever happening again I suggest 2 things.

1) Modify your return policy to state "if you don't get we advertised we will gladly return your money plus all shipping and handling."

2) Hire a computer expert to list the computers for you. That way they can check that the listing is true and accurate.

If you do those 2 things, I will pull my warnings off all the sites I posted on.

If not then my personal judgement of the situation stands as do the warnings against you.

And i never said it wasn't alienware?
huh? Your add said it was an "Alienware PC" and then you said you bought the case and assembled the parts. That is obviously not an Alienware PC.

We throw our hands up, Refund or Exchange Which ever they want.
So you are offering a refund? Good for you.

You know, maybe the misstake was pure ignorance and not an intentional scam, I don't know. But to not offer a full refund in the first place is inexcusable. You didn't ship what you advertised. You should of imediately offered a full refund and appologized.

Razor, get your money back. Do not get another PC from ebay. Post back on these furoms for suggestions. You will get a lot of advise on what to get.

I smell a LOT of lawsuits heading your way now, Connie.

How long have u been in business? Do you always treat your customer like this? Basic rule: Customer is always right. You keep on changing the story, switching facts, admitting new things, and now you come here and call us cold people.

Whether or not you scammed Raze is out the question. The point is, in a small claims court, this thread is going to really look nice from Raze's standpoint.

1. Raze gets the wrong computer
2. You attempt to resolve this civilly, as you should
3. Confusions as TF people (whom I might add are all VERY computer literate, and know their stuff) begin to unearth the fact that the computer is NOT an alienware. And thats false advertising, as your ad clearly states BRAND NEW ALIENWARE. Doesnt say anything about only being an Alienware case.
4. You switch facts, and insult all of the fine people at TF

This crosses the line

Raze - Get your money back, plus a little bonus, and come here and give us your budget. We would more than happy to put together a PC for you that would offer great value. You would assemble it yourself (or if you are uncomfortable doing that, we will send you to Monarch Computers). Feel free to come back for any help

At first though, he just wanted the parts corrected. Then this morning, he starts threatning us with emails, saying he wants a refund, or hes calling the Authorities!!? Look, We made a mistake, we've already admitted to that, now it seems whatever option we choose, is still not good enough, 1 hour ago, he emailed and said, Just send me the correct parts, he can't make up his mind. We had no intentions of of scam, but that seems to be everyones first choice. Nobody here even knows us? Or knows what kinda of people we are? I only said no refund, because of the threats and the lies he has been emailing us. I'm ready for this to be over with already, we said ok to a refund? What more does anyone else want here?

I don't intend on insulting anyone here who wasn't insulting first. Point in fact, we bought computer, we sold computer based on what we knew. You guys are only making things harder (not everyone, because some of you seem very nice) Lawsuites? Go ahead, small claims if you feel needed. We tried doing the right thing, and if you read some of these emails we receive on the wishy washy side, you might feel different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom