I have a question for you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3_choos3n_on3

Solid State Member
Ok im new here. My friends call me DJ. I'm new to this forum and i have a dumb question to ask. First whatd o u mean by barebone? Do you mean they sell every like little components to you when you buy the mobo just a guess.Or does it mean all the components are put together already in a computer case? On a computer. Final question...How do you get the total amount of ghz speed on a computer lets say for example you got a AMD Athlon XP2500+... does this mean its a 2.5 gig? Which can be overclocked higher than that if you know what you are doing?

A barebones system consists of a new case, motherboard, and processor. Your can get them from a bunch of different sites online. They are popular kits for upgrading. When it says 2500+ it just means its comperable to a 2.5 Ghz P4 or at least that is what i have experienced, it will not run at the same clock speed, there are two components that you mulitiply togeather to get the actual clock speed, if someone could help me out on that one :) .

thx

Thanks alot ThirtySixBelow for telling me what i needed to know. Now all i need to know now is what to component you multiply together to get the speed.

You get he cpu speed by using this formula cpu mutilplyerXfront side bus = cpu speed. Most online stores that you by from will tell you the cpu speed. When compareing p4 to amd is apple to tomatos though They are both great chips. I have a both myself. Pick something that fits you buget and what you need the computer to do and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom