Processor , Motherboard compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_krayzie_i

Baseband Member
Can anyone recomend a motherboard cpu combo? Also I am debating if I should go with AMD or Intel for a processor (which will ultimately determine the motherboard as well). I am building this computer primarily for performance and any ideas would be appreciated, but I am not made of money so im not going to be spending 600 dollars on the processor alone, thanks

asus a7n8x deluxe and an AMD 2400xp-2600xp. This combo will run about $200-$225. Performance is great and very overclockable. Stable as just about any SINTEL machine and about $100 cheaper. Also when the 3200xp drops to dirt cheap you can upgrade.

Amd is about to make it where you can not unlock the multipiler so it would be harder to overclock

Hey lordDjinn, no offense but i think that Amd said that before. Someone will always figure out how to overclock the amds.

As to the original question. I agree with tech4hire. That is a great combo. Luck

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'll look into that combo and probably end up getting it. Now I just wish I would of bought the radeon 9800 instead of the fx5900 :(.

any of you guys ever owned a p4 and a AMD of comparble performance before? What differences in performance have you noticed, I meen whats the best out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom