Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send him back his damn money!!! This whole thing is just pissing me off. You made a huge mistake coming to this forum and trying to plead your case. Most of us are extremely knowledgible in the world of PC hardware and software. This is a fake Alienware PC. Which was advertised as a BRAND NEW ALIENWARE PC. It's not an alienware PC. At all. It's a knock off case with several parts thrown together to make a crappy PC.

This is false advertising. You can't mistake this one.

QUICK REFUND HIS MONEY WHILE YOU STILL HAVE SOME FACE!!!

Connie, I would trust Havock 25's statements on how to handle a customer. In case you were not aware, he operates a local computer shop, and building computers and dealing with customers is what he does.

That aside - it was most definitly NOT an alienware. There are several things wrong, some of which have already been pointed out. The gfx card, the CPU, the hard drive, all that. But also, Alienware has NEVER used MSI motherboards. They have always used Abit, Asus, and occasionaly an Alienware built chip.

@ Connie, Alienwares are over priced, nobody will deny that. However, they are built with top of the line components. Components such as AMD Athlon 64 FX-55/P4 3.6 Extreme Edition, Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB, Abit nForce 4 motherboards, PC Power & Cooling PSUs - top of the line stuff (well, not the Intel or the Abit :p)

And if this is Greek to you, start learing about computers before you sell them.

Well since its an alienware case, she could say that the alienware mention was just for the case.

But putting that aside, I think that it is pure deception. Newest pentium is a 3.0? No it isn't. You even put a C-D to cover your tracks, C standing for celeron supposedly. Also, you said that your computer burns cds at 52x. To my knowledge, the fastest possible burning of CDs is 32x. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

So according to the ad, he sould get a cd that burns at 52x. If he doesn't, he should be refunded full. Good luck with that.

Seriously! You're AD is false and misleading.

HERE'S YOUR DESCRIPTION: on Ebay

Brand: Alienware
Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Chip Type: Intel Pentium 4
Hard Drive Capacity: 250 GB
Primary Drive: CD-RW/DVD
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Condition: New, Sealed in Box
Bundled Items: Keyboard, Modem, Mouse, Network Card, Operating System

This is clearly not an Alienware "BRAND" computer. You've admitted that you bought the case, "A KNOCK OFF" and had the computer assembled.

This is the same damn thing as, "Hey, you wanna buy a rolex watch?" It's 1065.00 - Yeah it looks like a rolex, ticks like a rolex... it dosn't have the rolex trademark or emblem on it. But, it's a rolex brand watch...

Oh yeah, but we assembled it here in Thailand...

You can't sell things using a Brand Name - when they are in fact fake or not brand name products...

IT'S FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Regardless of the components that he received inside this PC..

IT'S NOT A ALIENWARE PC... YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN ALIENWARE PC WAS!!!

RETURN IS MONEY... WHILE YOU STILL CAN...

At this point if this was me... I'd take you to small claims court. I would win hands down, against you're "lawyer & you"

LOL - JUST SEND HIM HIS MONEY BACK!!!

Here connie...

May-be you should have read this before you opened up your eBAY store and started doing business.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/misleading-titles.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/compliant-listings.html#3

*raze* file a complaint against her for violating eBAY's policy.

The reason they have this policy is becaues it's against the law.
It also protects the buyer and the Brand Name Company woh's product you are using in your misleading AD's.

raze yeah file a complaint
Small claims court
And tell alienware

Now, this guy is in a world of legal shit, w/e you do, dont accept another PC

Except a genuine Alienware IBM non existant model numbe rpC :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom