Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
connie_111 said:
And we got nasty because your last email said, you were sending it back to get the correct part, then once it was sent, you then stated you want a refund. I think I know what your trying to do, and thats submit tracking first to paypal saying you sent it back, and just filing a claim while telling us something different. I actually feel that now your trying to rip us off. I don't understand.. We'll do as discusssed in your emails. We will return unit, with correct part.

Connie please...
A good business person knows that regardless of how "nasty" a CUSTOMER gets, you never lower your level of professionalism.

Another question:
After really looking at this advertisment I can't believe that you as the seller are building these computers. You're not. It says it's an TPX-5000 alienware computer. There's no such thing as a TPX-5000 IBM anything. A friend of mine works for IBM and i just called him and he searched the database and couldn't find any results for his query.

So that's false advertising. Also, the case in all the pictures looks like an alienware case, yet it's missing all of their trademark Alienware logos. Every case they ever made had the alienware logos on them.

All alienware PC's come with a special serial code - this can be used to find out if the computer is authentic or not. I'm sure if we contacted Alienware we could find out. Which if it is a legit alienware PC you as the seller should have done and you would know exactly what was inside this PC and you could have created a accurate AD.

I think you bought this PC from someone and they listed it as what you put in your advertisment. Then you tried to resell it, but found out from the buyer that this PC wasn't at all what was advertised. You probably paid more then this PC is worth. And now that you know this, you don't wanna be stuck with a cheap PC that you won't be able to sell for what you probably paid for it.

The PC that he got isn't worth more then $600.00 USD.

I really like this part of the AD: SPECIAL!!!!! Hook up any TV and us it as a monitor...

LOL - wow that's so special!!!!

JUST REFUND HIS MONEY...

Wayniac said:
...But because of all of this hoo-rah, I know I sure won't but from you...

I am with on this, I will actually warn my friends about this to ensure they do not do buisness with you. I am sure you are good people, but your lack of computer knowledge, and your inflexabilty for the refund make me very suspicsious. I think that you sent him the wrong computer, and that you may have done the same with other orders, and laughed all the way to the bank.

The computer you sent was worth less than half of the one advertised, that is a HUGE mistake, and one that could not have been made lightly. An alienware case, if I am not mistaken, is very unique.

I would strongly suggest that you hire a computer expert to inspect and clearly label all the other machines you have in order to avoid this happening again. I sure hope that didn't fleace anyone else that wouldn't have thought to check the system as Raze did.

HAVOC2k5, what you said a couple posts ago is completely correct. Since the product on the add was never shipped, there IS NO CONTRACT to even support a return policy.

Connie, you have tried very hard to appear like a reasonable, professional business person, but it is just a joke. Your business is making false adds on ebay and ripping people off. That is not a business, it is a scam.

To my knowledge no Alienware has ever been made with a Celeron. These things do not happen "by mistake." It is obvious this was a purposeful disception, and just makes me sick.

People loose some amount ethics through the internet it seems. I guess you never have to look people in the face when you rip them off.

I see what your saying, we bought the case however, under the ad that it was an Alien ware case. We had everything else assembled. I will agree it's prob. a knockoff or generic. I really don't know anything about the Company Alienware, I just bought the Case that said Alienware ATX Case :( But no, we only sold 2 of them. 1 Local, and they are happy with what they got, and got the correct parts according to invoice. Raze invoice was put together wrong.

connie_111 said:
I see what your saying, we bought the case however, under the ad that it was an Alien ware case. We had everything else assembled. I will agree it's prob. a knockoff or generic. I really don't know anything about the Company Alienware, I just bought the Case that said Alienware ATX Case :( But no, we only sold 2 of them. 1 Local, and they are happy with what they got, and got the correct parts according to invoice. Raze invoice was put together wrong.
This is really just one deception after another. JUST REFUND HIS MONEY!

Wow, those are expensive computers, .. but again, we only bought the case from someone on Yahoo Auctions. I don't see why those Alienware at the address above are so expensive however, 3000+? wow. I appreciate again, everyone trying to be helpful. We dont sell any of those types of systems anymore either, like i said before, we ordered 2 cases, and the rest. We did not buy them from the Above Company, although the cases look alike?.. Will look into that .

In any event the product has been shipped back to you as of this morning. I e-maile you the tracking number.

A quote from your original add:
Welcome to our auction. Here we have a BRAND NEW ALIENWARE
Now you have just admitted that it was not an Alienware, and that you fully knew that what you were selling is not what was advertised.

Send Razor his money, go to confession, and take a long shower. The try to start being a decent human being.

connie_111 said:
Oh dear...

Rule #1 of selling computers: Know exactly what you are talking about when selling.

This is nuts.

EDIT: AND DON'T FUDGE THE TRUTH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom