a problem with installing windows xp pro sp1..need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i have just installed windows xp with sp1 but the only way i could install is if i skipped 3 files... bad already huh?? well i had to skip amdk6 I384 or I386 some file like that and another file call driver cab. so now i cant install all my drivers normally because of missing the driver cab file i have tried to do a whole format a quick formatt and a overwrite the original file and it still gets an error and makes me skip those 3 files i ran a check disk and i still am wihtout my motherboard drivers because windows is missing some files.. is this my hard drive?

well im gonna proubly get a new hard drive friday and install a different windows i have which is xp home edition sp2.. that should straighten everything out.. but if u guys have any clue how i can fix my other windows on the other hard drive tell me

that was very helpful spaz really!

Ok I am doubting its the harddrive. I am going to say there is an issue with the cd, see if you can borrow another cd from a friend and just use your cd key.

If you get the same error again then try a different cd rom.

i have a 32bit processor what is a 64 bit windows gonna do spazz? and how do u afford a system like that wow!!! what do u score on benchmarks?? anyways well i guess i could try my cd-rw lol its in my system and not even hooked up... but is there a chance of it being my hard drive because i have been having some crazy problems with it.. like the whole reason i redid xp on my hard drive is because i kept on getting hard disk boot error on startup i would get about 1 out of about 25 boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom