How do I enable Remote desktop sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I want to make 1 of my pc's a Media Center Edition server with no keyboard, mouse and moniter.

the pc book (entertainment computers) said at the end of their building a media server article to "check the allow users to connect remotely to this computer". I did that and it doesn't work. I sure they left out some important steps, as it was an informative article until they finish it with that vague description at the end.

what else should I do?

Did you click the "Select Remote Users..." button?

This will let you pick users to be able to remote desktop to the media server.

add the users accounts for the users that are connection to that machine to the local security group as well. That should help. Oh and turn off the windows firewall service that always blocks everything...

Elbatrop1 said:
Did you click the "Select Remote Users..." button?

This will let you pick users to be able to remote desktop to the media server.

I can get the names just on that computer,but not the remote one.

when I click browse for more, the other computers in the lockettkrew workgroup don't show up

on my xp sp1 computer the "Select Remote Users..." option doesn't even show up. I have 4 computers on the workgroup

daappleby said:
add the users accounts for the users that are connection to that machine to the local security group as well. That should help. Oh and turn off the windows firewall service that always blocks everything...

how do i do the security group? I will try turning off the firewall

hmm I have never tried to do this without a domain...
lemme think about it for ahwile and do some research to see what I can find.

I was just at microcenter and the guy there told me that they took the domain part out of mce. I will try this out.

2 of my computers are mce 2005, the other 2 are xp home (1 sp1, 1 sp2). he said you can't do a domain with home. I have 2 xp pro disc (they were used on older computers that I'd had before). can I somehow use those discs and keep my xp home serial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom