Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said no refunds? But on your eBay ad it states:

In the unlikely event that a return is request, all returns must include all original items undamaged, in re-saleable condition, all original packaging including manuals, warranty forms, etc. Software sales are not refundable. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs incurred shipping products back.If User evident damage, item will be returned at buyers expense. WARRANTY on ALL PARTS INDIVIDUAL to Their Manufacture

Insurance was purchased, for a reciept of 11.20. I have had enough of this arguing. You do what you feel you need to do, as will we. We tried to be right with you, but, that would also involve you doing the same. We will honor the correct parts with no problems, and should honor the policy we have in place. It's simple, you want us to uphold our AD, yet, NO REFUND, EXCHANGE ONLY is in the Ad, and you don't wanna conform to that? So let me get this straight, you want us to abide by whats on the ad, but you don't want to do the same. Our Lawyer has instructed that we can no longer speak with anyone on this topic, so this will be my last post. Rob, I think your trying to rip us off now, and don't know why either. But i can tell you this, you said quote:

": correction i have the add here and it does not say exchange only once again you have your ad messed up with another. Playing games is fun so lets play.:"

For everyone to see, the ad does say that. Everyone knows, we cant modify the ad, days after it has ended. Here is the address for you to slow down and re-read it carefully. We are doing our part of the deal, and expect you to do the same. Fair is Fair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5203802794&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1

"
Email From Raze:

Ok Connie Thanks. This I would not have bid on that. I bid on the ad
because of those specs listed. What I would like to know is exactly
what am I going to get. I am under the impression that the computer was
going to be a pentium 4 3.0 ghz that has hyper threading working
with 1 gig of dual channel working ram and and a 64 bit graphics card
with 128 mb of ram. The ad says Alienware, Im not sure but I dont
believe this is an Alienware. Regardless I understand the whole
senario. I just would like to have the computer advertised as quickly
and painlessly as possible. I will probably ship the whole thing back
to you as I am not good with hardware but I guess there is no easier way
as sending me just the correct parts wont help me at all. I have no
experience with hardware so its tough on my end. I dont care whether it
is or isnt an alienware just that it matches the add. I appreciate your
time on this matter. So how should I handle the shipping????

I will ship first thing tomorrow morning regular shipping the cheapest. Is is ok if i purchase insurance. Also I have not recieved the monitor yet. It will probably come tomorrow some time. Let me know if this is ok. Thankyou for your patience with me on this and your help I appreciate it very much. I do hope that you have a catalog for me as I like some of the other stuff you have advertised for sale on ebay. See I am going to be starting my own game server company soon and would probably like to establish some bussiness with a company such as yours. You have been very professional under the circumstances and it is much appreciated. Thanks
" END QUOTE

(Sorry for the Large Post Tech-Forums.)
--connie

That is for the EXCHANGE POLICY

You need to re-read the AD. Look down at the bottom. It first states the return POLICY: REFUNDS: EXCHANGE ONLY, SEE THE POLICY ABOVE for MORE DETAILS...

Besides I believe if you were running a legitimate bussiness you would go to whatever extent to make the customer happy regardless of the circumstances. You made the error not me and now I'm paying for it. Wether my time aggrivation or you just not selling what you advertise. ITS YOUR FAULT any ligitimate bussiness owner would go to almost any extent to make the costumer happy. So now your true colors are showing your not running a legitmate bussiness. :) snagged hook line and sinker.

First, large posts are not a problem connie, so no apologies.

There is something that really distrubs me about all of this. You have this return policy and whatnot, but I don't think it applies if he didn't get what he ordered. You can't serve steak at a restaurant when somebody ordered fish and say that you'll only take the fish back to get them a steak. Usually, the person complains and says that it is not what they ordered, and if they're on a time limit, they can go somewhere else and not have to pay for the fish. Then they are free to get a steak wherever they please. I don't think you can pull out the ad and say it is exchangeable only if you gave him THE WRONG THING. I think if you send the wrong thing, the buyer has the right to their money back. Not only that, but if it did work like you said, I could sell pokemon cards on ebay, and send the person playing cards. When they complain, I could tell them to send them back, and I'll send them pokemon cards, and now look... I just scammed them the shipping price.

I don't think your exchange only applies if you didn't send him the correct product, because that would technically fall under false advertising, wouldn't it? I think if you dink up what you send him like that, and he wants a refund, he is entitled to it because it is not what was ordered.

Raze yeah you scammed him. Just give him his money back for crying out loud.

What you did is highly illegal

Oh I totally agree, the only thing was, we stated we would correct the problem at our expense, and ensure the computer was right. Our Ad says Exchange. We bought quite a bit of computers, and we cannot get our money back either. Example, if you goto Newegg, order the particular parts, and they do not offer refunds, only exchange. We will resend the computer back with the correct parts reguardless of the outcome with Raze's Claim. We will honor that as a LEGITIMATE BUSINESS would. Also, the reasons for such turn of events, as you can see his prior emails, he stated everything was fine, he would send it back, and he appreciates us being so patient, as we were also. This morning when i check my email, and a total different attitude was presented, and very aggressive words also, including he will contact the authorities..etc? There was no need for that. As I have spoke with PayPal on the phone, they said, that people have been known to do such a thing by claiming they are sending it back to correct problem, then filing a claim. Or, filing a claim, and never seeing the computer back period. They have also said the Policy complys with ebay rules. They said we do have to provide the correct parts as listed within the AD, but we do not have to honor a refund. They said they will be looking for tracking numbers from Rob on the return, and will wait till we resend back with tracking numbers. They also wanted us to fax them the invoice of the correct parts listed that we must purchase to correct the problem. At this point, I feel alot better. I will honor our end of the Ad, while this was an honest mistake, We screwed up, But intentionally doing so is out the questions. We are good people, very religious, and just don't believe in that. Sometimes things go sour, so we'll simply hope for the best. Dearest Appologies to Raze, but we have a policy. He was very rude to us in email, and very fallacious in his prior emails. Im sorry it had to come to this. Thanks for your help, as Tech-Forums seems to be a great place for people to ask questions, and I can honor the fact that you directed him in the correct path, as anyone would. Thanks

" It's amazing how many people are so quick to say scam. It's a wonder why they same Fraud is the #1 rising crime. Maybe because people who are claiming fraud, are the ones who actually commit it. "

connie_111 said:
Oh I totally agree, the only thing was, we stated we would correct the problem at our expense, and ensure the computer was right. Our Ad says Exchange.

The law says, no false advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom