Lost Coast HDR to work with Current PS 2.0 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill school all of you with my p2 200 mhz, 32 mb ram, 16 mb voodoo SLI, and, 10 gb hd.
what now...what now...

toms hardware sucks balls.......most review sites in general suck ass these days.......just wait until user details are out.......it's not like the lost coast is going to have a switch to suddenly turn it from PS2 to PS3, so I don't know how they'd go about doing a test for that specific game anyway.

The main addition to the new level is the lighting is supposed to be much more real

tomshardware sucks balls? Why exactly does it suck balls? Please explain your opinion as may-be I might understand it better.

They review hardware - testing, benchmarking, write articles. How can they suck balls?

Do you mean they don't know what the hell they are talking about? Don't know how to test? website layout if bad? Editorials suck? Do you think they are biased?

I like your input on things nubius, i'd love to hear this one. - Compliment

Is the Lost Coast gonna be free of charge for people who already have HL2, or do I have to pay more money?

Toms hardware was good back when the content was actually written by tom before he sold the site off to the people who dragged it down into what it is now.

I like anandtech because they know their stuff and deal more with the technical aspects but they're biased as hell so I read there more for the technology in general rather than a specific product. Xbitlabs is my favourite and best IMO because they cover all of the important aspects of hardware and are fairly indepth.

Most review sites seem to suck now because I've never seen any product get trashed before, every thing reviewed seems to get recommended and I think it's a bit biased since these reviewers get stuff handed to them so without a pricetag obviously they aren't nearly as objective.

That is why when I start my reviewing site I'll try and aim for the enthusiat and if it doesn't satisfy me I really don't care, the product is getting thrashed.

tomshardware sucks balls? Why exactly does it suck balls? Please explain your opinion as may-be I might understand it better.

They review hardware - testing, benchmarking, write articles. How can they suck balls?

Do you mean they don't know what the hell they are talking about? Don't know how to test? website layout if bad? Editorials suck? Do you think they are biased?

I like your input on things nubius, i'd love to hear this one. - Compliment
Gaara did a pretty good explination......it's simply because they use a lot of the same setups when testing different things.......IE, I believe they will ALWAYS use corsair RAM which is lame.....and when OC'ing a board they'll say it's the boards problem when they are using crap RAM......beyond that.......they seem as if they are so racked to write reviews......they'll tinker with a board, graphics card, what have you for an hour and they write a review basically saying they've thoroughly investigated it......

For the most part however, I don't trust most reviewers because of the same reasons of tinkering with hardware slightly and writing this review as if they've done every test known to man.......user reviews are always the best, and generally the best are from xtremesystems

Gaara did pretty much nail everything else on the head though........some places are practically paid by certain companies to say good things, hardocp I believe it is, is HEAVILY biased towards nvidia and basically no matter what will give them the better word over ATI even if its blatently not true....

ESPECIALLY from the last few benchmarking 'reviews' from tomshardware, it's just absolute crap and then noobs come in here saying LOOK A 9200PRO BEATS OUT A 6800GT because they were using old ass hardware and/or drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom