Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill keep you posted for sure since there has been a nice discussion here on the topic. We will have to either have the parts sent back from Raze, or the entire computer, depending on what he feels comfortable with doing. We'll resend the correct parts either separate or complete with the system again. I know how it feels, we have been scammed before, and it's not a pretty sight. We are trying to keep up with a good reputation, and being a small business, that matters quite a bit here. Raze will get what he paid for, no questions asked. It's only false advertising btw, if we don't correct the problem. If he gets everything corrected, the ad will match the system; all will be ok. And yes, everyone will be double checked before their system will leave out. Sadly, the invoice for raze showed the wrong parts as being right, as the Ad showed something diff.

Connie,

It's nice of you to come to our forum and explain what has happened to your client. I'm sure it was just a mistake that you will fix. The first impression that I got when reading "raze's" post was that he got ripped off. There was no mention of a company involved or whom the seller was. For all I knew he bought it from the guy next door. These types of scams happen all the time. And we all know this. So our defence goes up and we take action.
(Demand your money back) (You got ripped off) (ETC)

The simple fact is, the advertisment vs. what he actually got is like ordering a BMW and getting a Mini Cooper. This is a huge mistake one that is hard to understand how it could happen. But, things do happen and hopefully they get resolved.

ALSO: I've order hundreds of parts from newegg.com and never had one mistake or misorder. May-be it's the person who is ordering them that has the problem?

"raze" if i was in your position, i would send the whole PC back, let them fix the problem and have them resend the PC that you order. Believe me, this is the best way to handle this. If you ordered a pre-built PC, then chances are you don't have the knowledge to build your own. You don't want to run into more problems then it's worth.

oh and CONNIE,

It would be a very nice gesture on your behalf if your company donated a few dollars to this FORUM. Cheers...
http://www.tech-heaven.com/donations.php

Thanks For understanding. While i must say, Newegg has had mistakes before, not near as much as ebay or any at pricewatch.com. Newegg i would also say is one of my fav. But anyways, I do Have to actually sleep sometime, and i keep getting sidetracked with business. Thanks All
--Connie

Connie, the funny thing about your "accident" is it shortchanges the customer and not yourself.

I am tired of seeing the excuse that it was just an accident at the customers expense, not the sellers.

Your really need to take care of your customers.

Please do let us know when and how this issue is resolved.

Thank you.

I have shipped the product back to the seller in less than 24 hrs with the aggreement that it will meet the specs of the ad upon return. Connie has assured me of this without any problems. She has worked hard to assure me of this. Just to let everyone know the proccess that is taking place at this point. Thanks everyone for your help.

I think people jumped to conclusions about it being a scam right away due to the selling venue; eBay is notorious for scammers.

I myself still believe it is a scam that got caught. For one, who has brand new Alienware's with FX5200's in them still laying around? I suppose with inventory its possible but... Also, who would buy an Alienware to resell? The markup on those things is already huge, I can't imagine trying to add more. Lastly, were FX5200's and P4 3.0Ghz from the same general time zone? I'm really not sure on that, but the 5200 strikes me as being older.

Other than that, the fact that they call 250Gb "HUGE by today's standards" strikes me as a bit overstated. 400 Gb is HUGE by today's standards. Finally, the 3.0Ghz P4 is definitely not the "newest proc made this year." It's not even the newest proc made last year.

Once again there are possible explanations for most of this, but it's too much for my blood.

"Raze" it was smart to return the whole PC. Now that you've found this forum we hope to see you back. Most of us can answer almost any question you can throw at us. You must be cautious though, some of the forumers thing they know more then they actually do.

Good luck with your next PC. Run those same applications that you did with the first one and post the screen shots. We'll tell you if you've got what you've paid for...

Later

Aparently I asked for a refund now and the seller states he will contact his lawyers cause I contacted paypal. Hmmmmmmmm interesting

Well it appears as if they dont want to give me a refund for what I didnt even get to begin with. This will be a fun day of contacting all the proper authorities. Lets see any suggestions as to who I can contact about this...........?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom