3DMark05

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where my second question comes in. Should the 2D be at 370? Idiotec said it should be at 350, but then why does RivaTuner think this is the default setting?
probably cause you were screwing with it in coolbits....you need to use one program or the other not both.....so go in make sure in both rivatuner and coolbits it's all set to 350/1000.....then go into rivatuner and detect your normal frequencies.......2d and low power 3d should be 350

It then tells me that settings I've made prevent the driver from restoring the desired memory clock after reboot. Why?
Mine says the same thing, it asks if you want to fix it and I say "yeah" and then, its always worked.....don't bother with alternate boot daemon.

Also, when I hit "test", the button pretty much just goes gray. Should it be doing something?
It tests it rather quick thats why

Why did it not save my memory change?
it should once you go into 3D mode

1) Should the box for seperate 2D and 3D frequencies be checked?
Yes
2) Should the 2D core frequency be at 370 MHz, and if not, why does it tell me that is the default?[/quote\ it should be at 350...don't know why its doing otherwise unless it's because you've been messing around in both coolbits and rivatuner and set something wrong
3) Am I applying the changes correctly for my frequencies? If so, then why does the box tell me that the driver cannot set the desired settings upon reboot?
Should just be able to hit a "fix it" option when that warning comes up and everything is fine
4) What is this alternate startup daemon?
alternate way for it to boot with the OC'd settings besides the driver level like it's originally doing I believe
5) What should happen when I click on "test"?
It goes grey like you said it did :p otherwise it'll say you didn't pass the test
6) Why won't the hardware monitor detect that I changed my memory frequency?
as I said above, go into 3D mode, then it should probably set itself

if worse comes to worst you should probably uninstall coolbits, and rivatuner, then simply install rivatuner by itself

Well, I'm reformatting soon, so I'll mess with just RivaTuner then. Anyway, what do you mean go into 3D mode? I set the clock in performance 3D, but it still displays 2D frequencies. Do I need to do something to get it to display the 3D frequencies?

doesn't matter... I got the performance 3D to change up, and it still won't go past 360 (or rather 359). It is so weird. I appreciate all your help though (especially you Nubius).

Would updating the driver do anything?

Anyway, what do you mean go into 3D mode?
I meant play a game :p that's putting it 'into 3d mode' so to speak...

Would updating the driver do anything?
If you aren't simply using the latest 71.89 then you should be......besides that, as I told you earlier......OC'ing is all hardware based not software unless you got beta drivers that are super flakey or something.

Well, thanks for all of your help. I think I just got jipped on a graphics card for overclocking... dogonnit. Oh well. How much do used graphics cards (6800 GT) go for generally? It is still relatively new. I may just sell it to somebody on my college campus and but a card from the new series.

the AGP's are down to like $330 now.....and they'll just get cheaper especially when the G70's come out.........I wanted to sell mine too, but now the DFI nf3 socket939 AGP boards infact came out so I won't have to :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom