flashing cpu bios..

Status
Not open for further replies.

d94

Baseband Member
prob a stupid question, but is there is a way to flash a cpu so that when you turn on your comp it is already overclocked (as with some vid cards..)

I do not that, that is possible. I could be wrong, but I believe that the flashing of the bios will just make the bios more compatable with newer hardware and get rid of known problems. At least that is what it is supposed to do lol. If I am wrong I am sure I will be corrected.

The new DFI lanparty boards have what they call "CMOS reloaded". It basically lets you save your BIOS configurations in your CMOS memory. So then you can quickly load different configurations, depening on what you want to be doing. For example...say you wanted to overclock your CPU so you could run one program better, but say in the next instance you don't really want to overclock anymore, you can load back to a different BIOS config. However, there are no preset configurations, so you'd have to set them yourself. DFI lanparty boards are also pretty easy to overclock, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem with that. I'm not sure if any other boards have features like this, but the DFI lanparty boards is one that I've actually tested with CMOS reloaded.

And Trebor, you are correct. Flashing the BIOS would put the BIOS back to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom