Big Problem, Possibly Virus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, ill try al suggestions today and see wat happens and LoTeX, im ot sure wat your trying to say in the psot above...

But, Cheers!!! to all

Thnaks

You don't need to flash the BIOS man. Replace the IDE cable or something like that. Did you overclock anything to make the system unstable?

OH! Another problem to check on. Is the drive set to slave or master? That'll make a difference too. Make sure it is set to master if it is the only drive in the computer.

well, im yet to try all the suggestions and stuff, but i will...

Thanks for all the help so far, ill post back once i try a few things!!!

Cheers!!!

try puppy or dsl.. these are two great small live-cd's.. dsl is about 40mb and puppy about 60mb. viruses can not effect a m/b they can effect a hdd/storage device and i've heard tell of viruses that can reflash a bios, no chance of the virus being stored in cache or ram because it is wiped at restart. i think the problem could be memory related. did u use the same memory with all the test configurations? it sounds like u swapped everything else.

yes mate , ive tried different ram, that was the first thing i tested...

But, the thing is, it still could be the RAM, becuase when i swapped the ram, i didnt try and re-insall windows with the ram in, i just tried to boot windows of another harddrive, but now ive learnt that the chances of booting of another harddrive from a different computer are pretty low...

So, im going to work on it again i guess, ill get back to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom