Bought a computer need help to see if matches specs when advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze

Baseband Member
Hello I bought a computer. I need help to see if the specs match when advertised.

Here is the advertisment:

NEVER USED! 3.0 Ghz Beast Machine
WELCOME!

Hello!

Welcome to our auction. Here we have a BRAND NEW ALIENWARE
High Performance Computer. This computer is NEW, and has
not been used. Everything has been tested of course. You are bidding on a TPX-5000 IBM ALIENWARE COMPUTER!

THIS COMPUTER IS GREAT FOR GAME or WORK!!
THIS COMPUTER WILL COME TURN KEY (Ready With Windows XP)
All you will need to do is plug it up, and turn it on.

Below are the specifications to this computer.
(Whats Included --also comes Installed)

INTEL Pentium 4 C-D 3.0Ghz with Hyper Threading Technology (newest proc made this year)
-
MSI BRAND NAME Motherboard with CoreCell 533/800FSB - Video Out / USB / SOUND / AGP /
-
INCLUDED: 1GB DDR Dual Channel RAM
-
SONY CDRW/DVD CD DRIVE - Writes CD's at 52X - (THATS FAST AS IT GETS)
-
nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 128MB VIDEO RAM - 64Bit DDR AGP 4x/8X - Comes with Fan / Heatsink
-
SEAGATE 250GB (Yes, GigaBytes) - HUGE DRIVE for todays Standards
-
FSB-533/800
-
USB 2.0 FAST
-
Internet Keyboard & Optical Mouse Included
-
SOFTWARE INCLUDED:

-Windows XP -
-Windows Media Player
-Games
-NERO CDROM Burning Software - Demo
-America ONLINE 9.0 Enhanced
-Internet Software
-Mozilla Firefox Browser & Internet Explorer
-OutLook Email Express (EMAIL)
. -MS PAINT PRO
-Address/Phone organizer
-Internet Services
-Braodband Ready / Dialup Ready
--and Much More...
--Monitor Included on another Auction. **Monitor Add $259.00

SPECIAL!!!!::: ----> Plug in ANY TV and use your television as the monitor!

More about this product here

Logititech 109 Internet Keyboard Included
HiTech Nyko Wheel Mouse
BURN CDS FAST 52x
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HyperThreading Proccessor
Hidden Drive Door & Compartment
Front USB & Sound/Mic Plugins
250GB HD!! Plenty of Space

Ok now I just recieved the computer today. I ran belarc on it. Here on the specs: Screen shot links of tests.

ScreenShot1
screenshot2
screenshot 3
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve

You didn't get it. It appears you have a very ripoff from what you wanted. The celeron is a very cheap processor. You have the celeron D 335 at 2.8GHz. Very different from the Pentium 4 you should've gotten. SUggest you demand the right computer, or get your money back...

Ok i did run CPU-Z and some other screen shots have been added. I added them to my origional post by way of edit post options. Sry. Check them now. Also I need to know if the 1 gig of ram is dual channel if the nvidia fx5200 128 mb ram and 64 bit is the same worse/better then the nvidia MX 4000. I also need to know if the proccessor is capable of Hyper Threading. Please help and tell me what I should do. There should be 12 screen shots there now of specs. CPU-z is there so please check them again for me. I am just trying to hold my composure through this as I am upset and dont know if I should be. Please help me. Thanks Gong to run Everest now also.

I don't think Celerons are capable of hyperthreading.
The fx5200 is a good deal better than the mx4000
No idea if the ram is dual channel.
Sandra (by Sisoftware) should tell you a lot of this info. Download it from: http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html?dir=dload&location=sware_dl_3264&langx=en&a=

And I would recommend demanging your money back, since this is clearly not the computer that was described to you. How much money did you pay for it?
And if you want to check CPU and Video Card stats, try these web pages if it helps you.
CPU: :http://www23.tomshardware.com/index.html?modelx=33&model1=42&model2=18&chart=26
Video:
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-07.html

Hopefully this helps you. And I think you can report to eBay that the item you received was not as described and they'll back you up on your claims, so I think you should be okay.

Uh... you should return it and demand what you ordered. If they refuse, you have the ad. That is illegal and you can soo for false information. How much did it cost you? I'm sure it wasn't cheap. You may get two computers out of this...

I'm not kidding about false information either. Look it up, make some calls, and get your damned moneys worth.

Hello.

Hello All,

Just wanted to have my say in this:
Since I am the one who sold the computer. I felt a needed explanation was in order before everyone starts screaming ripoff :) While some mistakes can happen, I will admit, the proc, and the video card are not to specifications of the ad, and I will chew someones butt off first thing in the morning, I couldn't help but reply because i noticed although what most of what you guys are saying is tru, it's also very antagonisitc. A good business person always follows up and makes sure things are right, and that exactly what I am trying to do, but i notice you all are quick to post ITS a RIPOFF, DEMAND MONEY BACK, etc? We' not out to rip anyone off, and it goes against our very well virtues. I'm trying to work this out now to get exactly what it takes to get the computer right, and that should be noted for something. Sorry, I just don't think its fair to go telling someone, DEMAND a refund, etc.. A real genuine business oriented person would simply say, Go talk with them and find out how they can make it right. Lets be reasonable here though. Telling someone, that something is a ripoff; Thats a very 1 sided story that we all are bad for sometimes.
You all seem very nice, and hope this doesn't offend anyone. Just want to share my story so everyone has both sides. Thanks Very Much

--Connie

I didn't mean what I said in a harsh way, but I see how it could have sounded. However, demanding what he ordered is perfectly fine. I didn't mean to go in and yell your head off... I just simply meant that he deserved what was advertised. Also, I didn't expect anyone to give him any tar about it, but if you look around, this whole site is about helping, and we always give a Plan B in case Plan A doesn't work. Nothing personal though...

Raze, looks like she's willing to straighten this out! Looks like the door for opportunity is open, so take it! Tell them what you want, and straighten everything out. And do remember, people are more likely to help if you're polite when you approach them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom