Not open for further replies.

Cosmic~Fury

Baseband Member
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
ATi Radeon 9800XT
Kingston HyperX 1GB(2x512MB) DDR400/PC3200
Dual Processing AMD Athlon 64+Athlon 64FX
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy ZS or ZS Plat, or ZS Plat Pro

What do ya'll think about that as a gaming rig? Not that I'm gonna go with that...

I was however considering dual processing. I'd already had my mind set on an AMD Athlon 2600+ Barton, if I were to dual, what do I need to know? thanks!

[sarcasm]No, this one owns them all:

Intel 8088, 4 MHz
640K RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB w/ AGP converter

^ FAST SYSTEM :D[/sarcasm]

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Uhh... the A7N8X Deluxe cannot support Athlon 64/64 FX processors (different architecture + form factor). The K8V (VIA) / K8N (Athlon 64) or SK8V (VIA) / SK8N (nForce3 Pro-150 - Athlon 64 FX) might be one of the optimal choices for a single 64-bit CPU.

If you're seriously looking for a motherboard w/ support for Dual Athlon XP/MP processors, look for one based on the AMD 760MPX chipset.

Unfortunately, if you want to go with the Athlon XP 2600+ Barton w/ 333 MHz FSB, the 760MPX only has support for the 266 MHz FSB variant (based on TBred-B).

Your call on this one (single vs. dual vs. hyperthreading).

Little note for Dual Athlon systems:

The AMD 760MPX only supports Athlon MP processors.

Athlon XPs are SMP capable, but not officially supported on the 760MPX. You may need to perform the mod trick to turn it into an Athlon MP.

My next system will defenitly be athlon64, not sure about FX cause the'll probably be expansive.
Still, in 32bit mode it still beats the P4 now, except for Extreme Edition but those will be extremely expensive too.
Dual amd 64 bit means Opteron and those are first of all not for desktop use so you won't find mobo's for it with AGP and second they are extremely expensive.

Single atlon64 will do the job, you could better spend some money on a Western Digital Raptor 10000 RPM Harddrive

:cool:

The 73 gig is also out, but the 10k drive you should use for your OS as this will make the overall performance of your computer better and therefore your games to. rest of data you can put on a second HD.

Really if you think about it, there will never be an ultimate gaming machine, with upgrades coming out every second.
Whats top dog now will be under dog tomorrow!

ThirtySixBelow said:
How much is the 73 gig going for?

there are 181.6GB SCSI HDDs out now, they are pretty stinkin fast they are a bargan at $740 on pricewatch and the 73.4GB SCSI HDDs @ 10k rpm are only $170

so in answer to your question: $170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom