Help : Watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337 n00beh

Baseband Member
DO NOT MAKE THIS INTO A THREAD WHERE YOU ALL DEBATE ABOUT WETHER NEWBIES SHOULD USE KITS.

I have a tight(ish) budget and I doubt that I will have very much choice. Please firstly give me a list of things that i will need for the watercooling system and which brands of these to get if possible

Pump
Radiator
Tubing/Fittings
T-Line
Water Blocks

You can build a good starters kit for around 150 bucks if you want to get your feet wet and do a bit of cutting and welding with a car radiator, otherwise you're looking at probably close to just over 200 bucks.

TDX CPU Block $50
MCP650/AquaXtreme 50z/MCP655 Pump $75
Tygon Tubing and Fittings $15
T-Line $10
Radiator $30-80(?)
Maze4 GPU Block $40

The MCW6002 and MCW50 are decent blocks as well.

i have a budget of about £165 which is approximately $297
i already knew about one of them but its expensive :p

oh well then you're fine, you can easily fit in a nice CPU/GPU loop in there and have some nice components. Just make sure you get the D5 pump, I'm kinda pissed off I bought the D4 and a few weeks later, bam, the D5 shows up. Better flow and quieter to boot.

Go with what I've listed above, all good parts for a system that doesn't have an iwaki. If you want a good performing radiator visit xtremesytems.org and PM weapon about his cores, or for a dirt cheap alternative check out this:

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=228

lol one of the uk suppliers, i already used and knew about they just used a different domain name, they dont have brilliant choice
i was already looking at another.
so theres 2 more to lok at

those pre-built ones are no better than a decent fan

if you can't afford it, save up for it

if you're just gonna buy those asetek crap, you might as well get yourself a tube of arctic silver 5 and a zalman 7700cu hsf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom