Wireless Keyboard, mouse -- Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Anyone own a wireless key board and wireless mouse? Do they work? Are they just as good as wired?

I have an optical mouse and love it. So I have 100% confidence in the optical mouse... now I'm moving to wireless (I think).

Any brands you would recommend?

I'm 99% sure I will stay with my Microsoft mouse (tried others and hated them :) )

Should I get blue tooth? Or just the plain wireless?

Note: I'm very picky when it comes to my mouse and keyboard... as I use them many hours every day.

Thanks for the advise!!

-Larry

I bought the Microsoft Wireless Elite over the weekend. This is one sleek keyboard, only one problem. It does not support Windows 98SE which is what I have on the system that I wanted to add the keyboard to. I returned it and bought the Logictech Wireless MX Duo which uses the MX700 mouse as described above. It cost $20 less than the Microsoft Elite and I will have to say except for lacking just a few keys that the Microsoft Elite has, that this is also an excellent wireless set up. You won't be sorry for going wireless.

I love my Logitech Wireless Bundle. I've had it for a loooong time and no problems. Batteries are a pain in the ass in the mouse though. The keyboard batteries hold up VERY long. Go wireless, you won't regret it.

I dont use a wireless mouse, my dad has a wireless mouse and its too heavy for my liking (the batteries i assume) its a microsoft one and i just dont like it, i have a microsoft intellimouse optical and its nice and light. Wireless keyboard is a good idea though. Aren't wireless mice not recomended for games due to lag?

Mouse5150, there did indeed use to be an issue with lag time. That has pretty much been eliminated with the newer generation. The mouse is hefty, I prefer this but I'm not a gamer. The newer wireless mouse combos come with lithium rechargerable batteries and a charging station, eliminating the pain of changing them out.

Larry, I was leery at the beginning also. Now I'm a believer that this is a great set up. Take a look at a couple of setups. I would recommend the Logictech MX Duo or the Microsoft Elite. As far as Bluetooth is concerned, it depends on if your system can take advantage of it. Beware the Bluetooth systems that I have seen run about $175

If I was a hard core gamer, I would keep a spare set of batteries for the mouse.

As with many above, I have the logitech MX duo and love it.
The extra buttons on the mouse and one touch control on the keyboard are great and I miss them when I'm at work.
No lags anymore with games, that's an old story.
The only question is safety for the keyboard, although there is an encription key, I'm not sure how efficient it is but for home I don't really care. Just something to keep in mind if you have a lot of confidential data at work and plan to use the keyboard there.

I agree!

I too purchased the Logitech MX Duo. This is by far the best keyboard and mouse I have ever used. Works Great with my Laptop only 1 usb to plug in both key board and mouse.!

Thanks GUYS... or Gals :)

It looks like I should go with Logitech. and I will more than likely will get one.

So I take it, as long as I get a "new" one (latest version) I should not have to worry about battery life, lag time, etc. or any little troublesome things.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom