Lost Coast HDR to work with Current PS 2.0 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
mwahahaha we should organize a tech-forums benchmark tourny or something,
They have those at pimprig......not only that, but for each contest they have different 'classes' specifically for the reason that obviously the 'rich' will always outscore the 'poor'

It'd be like socket A system with 512mb+ and 6600GT, then socket A system with 1gb RAM with 6800GT+

then on to the amd64's with 6600GT and set number of RAM, etc..etc....

they have some interesting contests there

pimprig is a really cool site. I've seen some very impressive rigs in their galleries. Cool to just browse and check out what other people have done.

I don't think anyone can outpimp a rig like, "Paul Capello". He's the modder of that killer DOOM 3 case mod. He also created that nighthawk PC mod. And I hear that he's currently started a HL2 project. Can't wait to se that!

yeah that's what I was thinking with organizing people into catergories based on similar systems, either that or have some crazy math calculation that factors in price or total overclock or something like that. Might be fun to organize this though hint hint ;)

have u seen paul capello's matrix mod? its sick (in a good way)!! Just google his name on image search and c what u get

well no crap it's gonna work, you just can't turn on the eye candy like we can :D

well i'm gonna get like 10fps on HDR enabled + widescreen so i guess i can forget about it :/

I wanna see a Pixel Shader 2.0 vs Pixel Shader 3.0 taste test challenge. Take two identical systems - except for 1 with ATI X800XT PE and 1 with 6800 Ultra - Both fire up Lost Coast HDR and let people see if they can tell which is which... That's what I wanna see...

Might be fun to organize this though hint hint
Get on that right away :p I expect on my desk by tomorrow 8am :D

I wanna see a Pixel Shader 2.0 vs Pixel Shader 3.0 taste test challenge. Take two identical systems - except for 1 with ATI X800XT PE and 1 with 6800 Ultra - Both fire up Lost Coast HDR and let people see if they can tell which is which... That's what I wanna see...
Yeah, I'm sure you'd only really notice in a few places....like with DX8.1 vs DX9 in HL2...basically the water has more reflection and detail in it...and subtle details here and there...........either way I just want the damn thing to come out already to see how much better it actually is, regardless of PS3 or PS2 speculation.

Pfff, you're not even awake at 8am. :p

Who knows, maybe I'll see if there's interest on the weekend, but I really just wanna whoop you all in style. :D

Is this true? I read on the Inquirer that it would only be able to use a "bloom" effect on PS2.0 cards, but this is great if it will actually be able to use HDR...hrmmm....depending on how this runs with SM2.0 will really say whether PS3.0 is as much vital as its marketted to be. Nevertheless, game developers are still coding in PS3.0 and leaving out 2.0 so thats what makes it so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom