Lost Coast HDR to work with Current PS 2.0 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something

Baseband Member
Well, I guess people who bought x850xt PE's will be happy about this.

This site reported that the Lost Coast will work with HDR in PS 2.0.

"Valve recently revealed that they are working on a special HDR showcase for Half Life 2 titled Lost Coast. Whilst Far Cry only implemented HDR via Shader Model 3.0, hence only working on Nvidia's latest-generation cards, Lost Coast will implement it via Shader Model 2.0, allowing for it to work on ATI's current generation."

Very nice article. Thanks for linking to it.

I really like this portion of the article.
"The interesting thing to note is that Lost Coast will perform rendering on X800-range cards, showing that you don't need Shader Model 3.0 to perform HDR operations, and meaning that Valve certainly aren't waiting for ATI's R520 to launch, as had been speculated previously."

I remember reading many, many posts for people saying, "If you have a X800 ATI card you won't even be able to play HL2 HDR Lost Coast... Blah, Blah, Blah...."

We'll see about that!!!

I'll put my X800XT PE (550/600) up against any single 6800 card with pixel shader 3.0... wooooopppppppppppie!!!

You see, Valve, or any other company is not going to just throw out every ATI card just because it doesn't have PS 3.0. Thats a huge market share.

and meaning that Valve certainly aren't waiting for ATI's R520 to launch, as had been speculated previously."
That's what beedub was saying for the longest time........however, they say it's not true, but I sure as hell don't see lost coast coming out any time freakin soon, so no doubt that the damn card WILL be out before they release it whether they claim they were waiting for it or not......sounds like BS to me.......

I'll put my X800XT PE (550/600) up against any single 6800 card with pixel shader 3.0... wooooopppppppppppie!!!
Once I get my AMD64 system going I'll take you up on that :p .........even though obviously with ATI you'd have a head-start anyway ;)

I wish I woulda never seen that G4 crap on the lost world.....god I hate valve "yeah it'll be out in a few weeks", and here it is 3 fuggin months later and still no word.

mwahahaha we should organize a tech-forums benchmark tourny or something, I'll take you all to school

as I say, expect HL:AF, DOD:S and this to hit all around the same time, that's my guess anyways.

gaara said:
mwahahaha we should organize a tech-forums benchmark tourny or something, I'll take you all to school

As long as we put a price cap ;).. (and obvious adjustments to canadian currency and the lack of newegg of course :rolleyes: )..

Otherwise, some dude is gonna come in here with a FX-55 and 2 6800 Ultras and school all of us :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom