need a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks fir the help. im not sure i have that much to spend. i dont play that many games just cs and some othe old ones. So is the next best one thats fits my budget the 9800 pro. thanks again for helping

Hacp said:
I doubt that game makers would alienate people like that. Not everyone has a top of the line video card.

the 6600 GT isnt a top of the line card. it is almost as good though, and its only price for around $170. Top of the line cards cost $300 - up

back to the 6600 gt, if i got this, could there be power supply problems, ive read that in some reviews. i odnt know what power suppy i have so can anyone tell me how to find kind it is

Ok by top of the line I mean over 100 dollars. The majority of people who play games are usually casual gamers, who play on their dell computers. They don't want to lose those costumers, so most game companies will usually have alot of leeway in terms of specs. The 9600xt should be sufficient for most current games on non crazy settings and would probably last you a good year or two. Then you can buy a new computer, because yours is aging.

It's pretty sad that whenever someone wants a suggestion for a video card and is on a tight budget, people rush in and suggest a card that is way over the budget, not affordable sollutions.

i looked at the power supply i have in my comp and its ouput is 350 watts, 115/230 v. it also says 50/60 hz whatever that means. looking around the forums it lloks like i need a new one. do i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom