XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylax23

In Runtime
Just this morning my computer went crazy saying it was missing the pci.sys file and will not let me boot to windows..its says use ur xp disc to repair the problem...so i do that and it hangs @ the "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration" and just stays there..at this point i have no idea what to do..plz help

sounds like your hard drive may be on the fritz. If you have another one try installing it to see if that is the problem.

If you have any usb devices plugged in try removing them all. I have see a strange conflict with usb devices and windows, but just not that extreme.

Try a complete Format then a fresh install of Windows. Make sure to install your drivers.

Whoever makes your hard drive, go to that company's website and run their HDD diag tool. Also run a memory test. See my sig for the memory tester. If you want to do a repair install, See my sig for that too.

i cant get into windows at all so i can do ne diagnostic stuff or reformating because it just stops @ the setup is inspectiing your computer's hardware configuration..its says
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\DRIVERS\pci.sys..then says to get ur xp disc do reapir then im stuck @ the setup screen..idk im hating computers right now

Dude... i've seen this happen becuase of hardware trouble - could be the mobo.

how do i find out if it is that? i mean it was so out of the blue so idk...i have dfi ultra 4..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom