Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

facelessmime

Solid State Member
I was wondering if my Leadtek GeForce4 Ti 4600 WinFast A250 Ultra(heh, too long of a name) would support dual monitors, if I got an adaptor for the DVI out?

I doubt it would since it says nothing about dual monitors in the manual and nothing on the website. But I can always hope! If that doesn't work, does anyonw have any recommendations on a dual monitor setup?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure on the card, but if you install a second Video card in a Win2k or XP box, you have Dual desktops right away. Only problem is that the second card has to be PCI so there is some lose there. One the Card, unless otherwise noted, you will get the same desktop twice. If you can find a reference for Dual diplays, then you should be able to have two independent screens. I didn't think that Nvidia did that, but then I have been found wrong a few times...
ATI cards have this ability in the Radeon Line of cards. The only problem I have found is when gaming, you have to reduce to one display cause it takes too much power from the GPU.
Hope this helps...

If I put in a PCI video card and hooked a monitor to it, would it be a copy of my current desktop, or would it be another independent workspace? I need all the workspace I can get my hands onto. :D

some video cards have 2 outputs to a monitor, this is the same thing as having 2 video cards. FYI it is called 'multiple monitor'. this is supported by the operating system and not the video card itself.

winXP supports up to 8 monitors i was told. multiple monitors allows you to extend your desktop to another monitor. you could play a game on one monitor and use MS word to write up an essay. the monitors act as 1 very long screen. i think there is also an option to clone the screen output to other monitors.

if you want to output to a television your video card must have some sort of video output to SVCD or RCA

Cool. Thanks for the tip. It will be a lot easier with one graphics card. I will hook up a second monitor to the DVI out on my GeForce4 when I get a chance to see if it works. Which it should.

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom