Votes: 0 0.0%
  • druid

• this post sux

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I just read that in your cross post :) Who knows I may try it. I don't use the qwerty properly anyway LOL

lol

I posted the first one, but realized I wanted a poll but it wouldnt let me delete the other one.

FadingTheory said:
I wouldn't switch, but thats because I've developed a kind of personalized typing stye, where I don't keep my fingers where I was taught to (over the center of the keyboard). I keep my fingers at the bottom of the keyboard and reach up to type keys.

I do this mainly because it keeps my fingers from getting sore. My lower two digits are extrememloy prone to aching, and typing with them kills me. The intewresting thing is, even typing with a mere 4 fingers and two thumbs combined, I can easily keep up with my peers as they use the standard typing (One reason why I believe the 7% increase in performance).

I think that is repetitive strain injury. I had that and changed my keyboard usage too.

I use QWERTY, and I don't want to change as this is how pretty much all keyboards are. I am convinced that 100% of people on these forums use QWERTY.

m3trj said:
I am convinced that 100% of people on these forums use QWERTY.

Knowing and using Dvorak will certainly seperate you from the normal Computer geeks, put you into a realm where few belong. It'll just be somethign crazy to know. Even if you dont use it, I could only see it making your typing skills better on a QWERTY board.

Well I would imagine that you'd become "used to" the DVORAK layout and when going back to QWERTY you would not be as efficient. It's intriguing though. I might have a play myself.

Him, did you know that there are 3 different types of DVORAK layouts? There is one that uses both hands, and there is a different layout for using your left or right hands only. This is so you can keep your other hand on the mouse at all times.
I am actually learning the 2 hand dvorak method now, It will be easier once my PC is finished, but I find it much easier to type. Your fingers dont move as much, hence you can type much faster.
-Joe

The Layouts

Who said yes to DVORAK???

I wouldn't change over, unless there wasn't any choice to get a QWERTY board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom