Intel ships 64-bit, 1MB L2 Pentium 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really provide that much of a performance advantage over the hyperthreaded processors, and also they are harder to overclock on air. Wait until the new arcitecture to get an intel dual core.

Hacp said:
They don't really provide that much of a performance advantage over the hyperthreaded processors, and also they are harder to overclock on air. Wait until the new arcitecture to get an intel dual core.
The 64 bit processors still have HT...

i'm talking about the dual core intels vs the regular ht intels.(not EE dual core)

gaara said:
Intel's new naming scheme is awful, first thing I have to say.

I wouldn't consider this much of an accomplishment, they cut the cache in half, I don't see why the hell they are going backwards.

because a pentium M matches a FX 55 in performance when OC'd. But you have to remember that these are mobile chips, they are supposed to run cool and efficent. But it you add a full size HSF, your going to be able to OC it like a mofo.

I would rather wait for the athlon 64 X2. It beats the intel dual core in every test :) . The onli prob is..... $$$. Also uzi how much do you have to oc the pentium M to reach the performance of fx55... near frying the CPU?

No, because those CPU's are meant to be run at optimal performance with a small hsf. Imagine if you had a full size HSF. Also the cpu is only $300, compared to AMD's FX55 @ $800.... Also that $500 difference can go into a killer cooling system to OC it even more.

So you would be nowhere near frying a CPU... Got it?

We learned a long time ago that the intel m only need to be overclocked a little bit (I think 600mhz)? which could be done easily on air and it would match FX-55 performance and surpass it in some areas, as well as a little lower in other areas, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom